Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Finally!






Hey everyone...I do plan to get better at posting blogs, and more often than just ever month and a half or so. The last month or so has had some ups and downs for us, and by the time I get home from work, I rarely get on the computer, so I haven't been good at posting a blog. In the last month, we have had some great days, like Mother's Day. It was so special enjoying my first Mother's Day...I'm just so grateful to be a mother to my little angel, and to feel that love and joy. I'm reading a book that my mother in law gave me for mothers day called, "I Am A Mother". It's a GREAT book and I reccommend it to any woman, but it has really made me realize what a divine calling we as mothers have been entrusted with. We are jointly raising a literal child of our Father in Heaven, and it is a the most noble calling. I don't want to mess up a quote, but I'm pretty sure it is from a general authority, that was in the book that called mothering "God's work". Anyway, its a great book for any mother, mother to be, grandmother....any woman. It's made me realize also how grateful I am for my own mother, and her amazing abilities. She and my dad are why I am who I am, and I am so grateful for that example in my life. Mom, I know you aren't really computer savvy, but if you ever read this, thank you for being such an amazing mother, example and friend.






We also have endured a few rough patches this past month. On the day before Mothers Day, I got really sick. I was violently ill for three or four days, and ended up at the doctors with an IV out of dehydration. Come to find out, I had salmonella and campylobacter food poisoning. The only place we could figure that I got it from was eating a chicken burrito at Chipotle. Anyway, needless to say, that was a VERY long week.






On a happier note, we are leaving for Disneyland tonight! Well, and San Diego where we will stay at Marc's uncles! We are so excited to get away and go on vacation! I'll try and post after that. Here are some cute pictures of Montana. The one in the yellow is one of her six month pictures. Love you all! And hopefully I'll post when I get back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the good looking older man in the picture?

Scott said...

I'm sorry you got really sick. You should sue Chipotle for all they're worth:):) Montana is so adorable. I can't wait to see you guys again in August!!