Long, lost, neglected blog. I've been thinking a lot about you. I've been thinking of ways to make a little extra time for you in my life. The problem is, every time we get together, I spend hours and hours with you and then I exhaust myself from you and can't handle looking at you for months. So- here's the deal- let's just start fresh. I know I'm leaving out months worth of blog worthy posts and pictures and it will probably leave a gaping hole that I know will just KILL you to not know what went on with the Rogers for those couple of months, but I feel this is the way our relationship might make a come-back.
So, instead of these lengthy catch-ups, I've decided to do themed blog posts to whichever day of the week I am writing. Some weeks might be one day a week, some might be seven (highly doubtful), but that way I can visit and have time to catch up on friends blogs too and not be so sick of blogger.com that I avoid it like the plague.
So, I decided Monday's will be "Manic Monday", cuz what Monday isn't a little bit manic? It's the work week, my love is back at work, back to the daily grind of school, what's for dinner, laundry, house cleaning, etc. For me, Monday (as well as every other day) is a little extra manic as of late-- and that's just because I'm trying to do all on my list, whilst feeling like I'm carsick....
We have a bun in the oven.
As of today I am 12 1/2 weeks, so almost out of the 1st Trimester and looking forward to the day when I realize, "Hey...I haven't felt sick today, or yesterday, or the day before.... YAY the madness of "morning" (more like all day) sickness is over!"
The idea of three kids is making me feel grateful, blessed, overwhelmed, scared, tired and kind of complete. Don't get me wrong, we haven't decided anything for sure, just stating how I feel about it.
We've been through a lot this year- good things, great things, not so great things and really not so great things. But, I've realized there are blessings and silver linings through every trial, every mistake, every bump in the road that makes you feel like your life is over. And our Heavenly Father is always waiting with open arms for us to come to Him, learn our lessons and be stronger. I've truly learned this year, its really how you react to and act upon what's sent your way that determines who you are. I appreciate my blessings so much more because of trials that I've gone through. This baby is a testament to that- because even though pregnancy has got to be one of my least favorite things (sickness, body changes, low energy, etc.) what is more reassuring of God's love and faith in our ability to do good things, be good people and learn from our mistakes, than entrusting us with one of his precious children. That privilege is beyond description.
So, I guess maybe this Monday isn't so manic after all- because even though I have laundry to fold, floors to mop, still need a shower for the day (it's 1:00PM by the way), kids to entertain on a rainy day, soccer mom duties to attend to, and LOTS more To-Do list items that need to be done amidst spells of gagging and dry heaving, I can't help but feel calm and at peace with the beautiful bliss that is my life. A wonderful and humble husband who loves me, two beautiful children and one on the way, all the luxuries of house, home, food, transportation, etc, family and friends that love and support us... and one 4 month old puppy....
....wait, thinking about dealing with my growing puppy- who pees and poops in my house still, chewed up my baseboard, and thinks she's allowed to snooze all over my freshly vacuumed couch and I can't put her in the backyard all day because its rainy and muddy... I'm thinking MANIC is a perfect way to feel about this Monday. :)


6 comments:
crate train that puppy! it will be the best thing for you and for her!
Congratulations!! Such exciting news! I hope you start feeling better soon.
I saw the picture of the cinnamon roll and I didn't get what you really meant by bun in the oven at first... I'm sure part of the reason was because I was drooling over that giant cinnamon roll, but probably mostly because I'm slow :)
Congrats on #3, and glad you're starting to feel better.
wow! manic indeed! congrats on the great news!!!! hang in there!!! glad u blogged!!
MISSED YOU! So glad you will be back here and there! Congrats on the new addition with the baby! I pray your morning sickness goes away! We are contemplating "BABY #3" and I am trying to figure out where I am! LOVE YOU and MISS YA! ~
So happy for you & love the bun in the oven pic! So creative. Hope you're feeling better now that you're further along. Love & miss you!
Post a Comment