Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When to upgrade a size...

So, now, almost eight months into motherhood, I have finally learned the tale-tell sign of when your baby has grown out of a size of diapers, and it comes time to upgrade. This would be the blow out diaper-made especially worse with all of the sitting up and rolling around she is now doing. So, Montana has shown me for the final time today, that Size 2 huggies are just a little too snug, and for some reason, it took me three times of cleaning up the mess this week to get the hint. And as the picture below shows, I need to be better about bringing a change of clothes with us to work. (Good thing it is summer time and warm!)

Okay, so easy enough, its time for Size 3. I'll just add the almost full bag of Size 2's to my collection of un-used, open diapers in her closet in every size, Preemie, Newborn, Size 1 and now Size 2. (Courtney, get ready for a big garbage bag full of diapers when your baby is born). How come they can't grow out of the diapers when you only have three or four left, instead of a brand new bag just bought this weekend? Oh well.

Also, I went through her drawers and her totes of clothes in the closet the last two evenings, to pull out all the clothes that didn't fit her anymore, and to bring out anything I had put away to save for when she got older. And I realized, I'm almost out of clothes. The Baby Shower luck has run out. Guess that means I just have to go shopping, which is fine. I just haven't really had to do much clothes shopping at all since she was born. I was SO fortunate to have a plethora of clothes that have pretty much lasted me up to this point. I definitely still have things that fit her, and some very cute 9-12 months outfits still waiting to be worn, but I have officially come to the point where I "need" to shop for cute little girl clothes. Darn...what a chore! I'm sure I'll just hate it! jk:)
Lastly, she finally broke her first tooth. The bottom right...and unfortunately, I can't get a good picture of it, especially since it isn't very high up there yet...but as soon as I get one, I'll post it. I think she is now working on the bottom left, so lucky me, her sleeping through the night, or only waking up once, has ceased to exist, with her waking up every almost half hour last night. I'm hoping soon we can both get a full nights rest!

I still need to post the pictures from Six Flags--I haven't hooked my camera up yet to pull the pictures off. I'll do that soon.

0 comments: