Friday, December 14, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I decided that this year, I would post our Christmas letter on our blog...

Family and Friends,

Another year has come and gone! My how time flies when you get married and start a family! I feel like I was just writing last years letter, yet here I am again. This year has brought us a lot of happiness. Of course, taking the most precious form of happiness in our sweet angel baby, Montana. We've been able to watch her grow from a newborn, to a toddler, and are enjoying every minute of it. She has just turned a year old and has eight teeth (with more pushing through). She has started walking, and moves everywhere with the speed of lightning. She says a number of words including, Mama, Dada, Baby, Hi, Bye, Baba(bottle), Apple, Happy, Nana (doubles for her name and banana!), No (that's a fun one!), Wow, Oh, All Done,Tippy (for Aunt Tiffany)and Please. There are a few more that she's said here and there, but these are her regulars. Not to mention, she speaks a language of her own, and LOVES to talk. Wonder who she gets that trait from?? :) She finally has learned to sleep well, and is on a GREAT schedule. She takes two naps during the day and sleeps for 10-11 hours every night. I know this is a major accomplishment, and we worked so hard to get there! Finally, I know what a full nights sleep feels like again! She definitely has developed her own little personality and discovered how to throw a temper tantrum here and there, but all in all, she is a precious child.

Although I mentioned this year has brough much happiness, we have also dealt with some tough things this year. Marc's grandfather passed in March. Marc was able to help administer a blessing to his grandfather in his final hours, as well as give the eulogy at the funeral, and I know those are experiences that he cherishes and will keep dear to him forever. We were so grateful the Lord allowed him to stay with us as long as he did, and was able to see Marc become a daddy! We love him and miss him tremendously. Shortly after losing his grandfather, we also lost our dog, Kona. In a tragic accident, he broke bones in his legs that were beyond repair and rehabilitation, and he had to be put down. We will never find a dog like Kona and he holds a dear place in our hearts forever, as well as the hearts of all our families. Kona was "everyones" dog. I will never ever look at pitbulls the same way. He was the epidimy of man's best friend, and he definitely was that for Marc. And most recently, Marc's boss at work passed away suddenly on November 30th. Needless to say, this has also been a tough thing for Marc, as well as everyone at his company to deal with.

We have, however experienced much happiness this year. Marc accomplished a major feat last December and graduated from Sacramento State with a bachelors degree in History. He continues to work for The Annuity Store, which he loves and has decided to build a career in that field. He is currently working towards his insurance and securities licenses. As well, wherever there is football, there is Marc, and so, he coached yet another season of High School Football. This year he ventured over to my alma mater (his schools rival) Elk Grove High School, and helped to coach my brother Logan on the Thundering Herd team. They had an 10-0 league season, and made it to the city championships. Unfortunately, in a very close game of inches, they lost to Napa, 24-28. It was a tough loss, but both Marc and I are excited to have more time to spend together in the evenings and on the weekends again.

As for myself, I am still working for my mother in law's CPA firm in her home. It's such a blessing to be able to take Montana to work with me for half of the day, and as well a blessing that my mother has the availability in her schedule to watch her the second half of the day. I absolutely ADORE being a mother and a wife. I am currently experimenting in baking and cooking and am loving it. I still endulge in music daily, especially now that I have a piano. We were fortunate enough to be the beneficiaries of a free antique upright grand piano that was going to be tossed, and I have loved having a piano in my home again. I haven't had that since I lived with my parents. I love Christmas time, because I seem to sing much more during this season, and its good to have those opportunities to share and grow my talents.

Our stake realigned the boundaries this past summer, and so now we are in Sheldon Ward. Marc is serving on the Sunday School Board, as a teacher to 14-15 year olds. He is great with kids this age, and enjoys his calling. I am serving in the Young Women's Presidency as the 2nd counselor, and I adore it. Our blessings grow and grow with every passing day and we are so grateful for this life and all of our opportunities to progress and learn. We are so especially grateful the Gospel, and for a loving Father in Heaven, that gave His Son, whom we honor at this special time of year.

We pray that you and your loved ones are well and enjoying a wonderful holiday season!

We love you,
Marc, Stacy and Montana Rogers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the three of you is very cute! I'm sorry to hear that so many people have passed away in your lives this year. That is never a fun thing, but I'm glad to hear that everything else has been great for you guys. I'm also glad to hear that your bro is home from his mission. I remember when he was just a cute little boy.....now he's all grown up. Time is going by too fast. Before you know it, Logan will be going on his mission. Sometimes I hate getting old. Anyway, I'm excited to see you guys next week!

summerzfamily said...

Hey there----great idea about the letter on your blog. I had no idea you were a singer:) You never told me that. I have always wanted to be a singer, but that is not my talent in life......How fun your brother is home from Brazil. Well we are leaving tomorrow for Utah for Christmas.......talk to you in 2008!!!