1. Exercise is 25% physical capability, and 75% mental. If you lack the motivation, drive, will-power and focus to make it through a long run or grueling workout, your mind will talk you out of anything you try to accomplish and give you ever viable excuse in the book not to finish. I saw a really cool quote on Facebook yesterday that I liked that went like this,
"Choose Your Battle - It's hard to be overweight, It's hard to lose weight, It's hard to maintain your weight. Choose which you want to battle and get with it." The right mindset can aid in accomplishing ANYTHING you set your mind to.
2. Body glide is a must have when running while wearing a ribbed tank top. Unless of course you'd like 2nd degree burns under your arms.
3. If you THINK you smell a poopy diaper… and you start to THINK it’s smelling stronger…and you see something on the ground that looks like it could possibly be mud from your daughters shoe after the playground…but it STILL smells like poop… IT’S PROBABLY POOP! And your little boy is probably losing it out of his pant leg and it’s probable that he’s gotten his hands in it…and it’s probable he’s touched something else…and …and…and… just when in doubt, if you smell poop- it’s poop and it needs to be changed immediately to avoid hazardous and extremely stressful and disgusting situations.
4. Don’t set a goal to stop eating sugary sweets if you still have a bag of milk chocolate chips in the pantry. Sure, they technically don’t count as dessert and are shelved with the baking goods…but when you need a sugar fix, they are sugar and not off limits. And you might be tempted to keep returning to the pantry until the whole bag is virtually gone.
5. Never make someone a priority that only makes you an option. I’ve recited this mantra before, but I am starting to understand it a little better this year. And I’d like to add to it, NO ONE is in control of your life and what you say or do or think or feel except for you. And your voice and opinion are important and you were given both of them to create a backbone to stand up for what you believe in. And if people don’t respect you for just being the real you, then they didn’t really care about you in the first place.
6. Patience is a virtue. After years of speculation and waiting and wondering if I should switch to AT&T to get the coveted iPhone, Verizon has finally announced they will be releasing a Verizon iPhone Feb 10, 2011. YAY!
7. Easy Bake Ovens/Cookies, etc….. are not EASY!
8. If you are feeling down about yourself or are worrying about your “issues”, turn on an episode of “Hoarders” or “My Strange Addiction”, and feel good about yourself that your issues are not anywhere NEAR the point of living in 3 feet of cat or rabbit feces, and you don’t eat chalk, or laundry detergent.
9. It’s good to set New Years Resolutions, but don’t expect yourself to be perfect. You are not going to all the sudden change everything about you in the flash of a dropping ball at midnight. If you miss one or two nights of scripture reading or exercising, it’s okay to start again the next day. Habits are not magical…they are formed and created. And we are not meant to be perfect…we are just meant to try our best to always progress.
10. There’s no better date night than a session at the temple and then Mikuni on the way home. Serenity and Sushi. Perfection.

7 comments:
Amen girl. You have me laughing and totally agreeing...
Love and totally agree with 1,6 and8! I have so been wanting the iphone and am so glad that Verizon is finally getting it! Oh and number 8, yeah after watching that show, there is NOTHING wrong with my life...well almost! =)
CUTE and SO true! I love reading your blog!
I'm with ya, girl! Amen to #'s 5 & 9!!!
I LOVE #5. So hard to be a better friend to people than they've been to you.
You really need to write a book one day, I (along with many others, I'm sure) love reading your posts!!
My favorites are 2, 3 & 4... I just wish you told me about #7 before Kamryn wrote that letter to Santa asking for it for Christmas. Don't worry, it's still in the garage, haven't even attempted.
p.s. thanks for always making me a priority.
SERIOUSLY!! We are only a few weeks into 2011 and you've already come up with deep thoughts. I better hurry and pull my act together!
Can't wait to see what the year will teach you. :)
Janay
Post a Comment