Thursday, December 13, 2012

Merry Christmas!!!


Hello Dear Friends and Family!  

I have not been good at blogging this year as I have been preoccupied for half of it writing THIS post.  What a year this year has been!  On the very last day of 2011, I attended a funeral of a friends mother, who was also a dear friend of my mother.  She was an incredibly inspring and amazing woman through her life and through her battle with cancer.  Her funeral was one of the most touching celebrations of life I've ever witnessed.  I remember at one point, looking around the very full chapel and overflow at all of the people who had come to show their love and support.  It being New Years Eve, I was reflective on 2011 and hopeful for 2012.  Most of us start a new year out with only good thoughts- resolutions, goals and prayers for nothing but good to happen to us.  I thought a very depressing and morbid thought- "I wonder if anyone in this room will pass away in 2012."  The thought stuck with me, and I even relayed it to some friends and family- that we never know what a year can bring, and that probably, someone in that very crowded room, would not make it through 2012.
I didn't realize that I would be someone that would come so close to that.  I'm sure that if you have come to our blog, you have likely heard about our ordeal that ensued at the end of April, but if you have not, the above linked post is the story of my miracle- and how 2012, while it came close to being the last year of my life, has become one of the best of my life.  For so many reasons- please enjoy our recap of 2012.


Londyn Ann (named after Grandma Michele Ann and Aunt Courtney Ann) was born on April 21, 2012.  She is the sweetest baby I have ever encountered.  Even almost 8 months into her life, her beautiful, serene countenance remains.  She and I have such a bond and connection that helped me to fight to have the chance to raise her and have her know her mommy.  Whenever she looks at me with those big, icy blue eyes- I know the soul inside of her tiny body knows how close we came to not being able to share this life together.  Londyn looks a lot like Daddy and the Rogers side, it's true.  The light hair and light eyes does not lie.  However, her face shape and features are most like mine as a baby.  I'm anxious to see in her what a blonde, blue eyed version of myself looks like over the years.  I've never had a chubbier baby.  This little thunder thighs is the most beautiful little butter ball I've ever seen, and I can't get enough of her.  She has been enjoying eating baby food and puffs lately- and the occasional bite of our food.  She's starting to rock on her hands and knees, but no crawling as of yet.  I'm definitely NOT in a rush for that.  The time has already gone way to fast, and I can't believe my baby will be a year in  4 short months.  She is truly the most angelic addition to our family and we couldn't feel more blessed to have the opportunity to raise this gorgeous child.  


Carson DeVaughn (2)  is the most lovable little boy on the planet.  I adore my little boyfriend.  He is definitely turning into a boy- into cars, superheros and guns.  At the same time, he is the first to give me some love.  This Christmas season he has been obsessed with the misteltoe, and loves to run under it and say, "Mommy, look!"  so that I will come to him and give him a kiss.  He melts my heart!  He loves having playdates with his friends and cousins and is such a trooper going with Mommy to the gym.  I can already see why people say teenage boys are expensive to feed- my two year old can put the food down!  Some of his favorites are Pirate Booty, Mac N Cheese from Jack's Urban Eats and a new favorite this holiday season- hot chocolate!  He has been obsessed with Christmas movies like Home Alone, Elf and The Grinch.  I think this little boy has definitely inherited his Daddy's Christmas Spirit!  I have been trying to delay the big boy phase, but as of this afternoon, he now can climb out of his crib.  Also, he has been requesting to wear big boy underwear over his diapers and so I'm assuming potty training is in our near future.  As much as I'm sad to watch my baby boy turn into a big boy, I can't wait to watch my handsome boy turn into the wonderful young man that I know he will be.  

Montana Belle (6) had a big year!!  She started kindergarten in the fall and has loved every minute of it.  She is doing great at learning to read and write, and her favorite subject is math.  I will often find her in the office writing letters and coloring pictures for friends.  She has loved being a big sister to a baby sister.  She is such an amazing help to me.  Sometimes I forget to let her be a little kid, because she is so self sufficient and responsible.  She can make her bed, make her own breakfast.  She loves to help fold the laundry, sweep the floors, load the dishwasher and windex glass surfaces.  She also loves to help mommy cook and bake.  She played in her second year of recreational soccer this year as a part of the Hot Shots.  She had an amazing team and awesome coaches.  Her favorite part of course was scoring goals and one game, she scored 9!  It's hard to deny, this girl was born to play soccer.  She has also discovered a love and extreme talent for golf- which has her daddy beaming with pride.  She has her own set of junior Nike clubs, and even drove a ball clear out of our yard, over the fence and almost into a neighbors window.  Daddy took her to the driving range the next day, and she drove the ball in the air about 40 feet consistently.  That's better than me half the time.  Also, she ran in her first Fun Run this year and really loved it- a girl after my own heart as well! She was also very excited to learn to ride her bike and ice skate this year.  Although she is a natural athlete, she also has an artisitc side.  We have dabbled in piano and mommy needs to get serious about teaching her.  She loves to sing and dance and is going to be in a ballet number in the Nutcracker this month.  Lastly, back in November, she decided she wanted to cut her hair.  She had been talking about it for a while, but Marc and I were very attached to her long hair.  She said that she thought she would look beautiful and it would be easier for her to do on her own- I found that her arguments were ones that I could not turn down, and so I let her make the decision.  She also decided that she would like to donate it to Locks of Love and so she donated 10 inches.  It's been an adjustment for me (I bawled my eyes out), but she is loving it and she looks adorable as ever.  We  couldn't be more proud of our big girl.  It's scary to see how quickly she is growing up.  I already miss my baby but am beaming with pride over the young lady she is forming into.

Marc never ceases to amaze me.  He has been such an amazing father as we have transitioned into being the parents of three little ones.  We have definitely become a team and our favorite part of the day is still when Daddy comes home.  He recieved an award for Marketer of the Year for the third year in a row, and was made an Associate Vice President of The Annuity Store.  This promotion has him still completing his duties as a Senior Marketing Consultant but in addition, he travels to their newly acquired office in Huntington Beach every other week for two days to work with their marketing team.  Traveling is an adjustment for both of us- I hate when he is gone, but I'm thankful it's very minimal.  We are so blessed with all the opportunities that he has been afforded in his career and I couldn't be more proud of my husband and all he has accomplished. We were able to take a few nice trips as incentives for his work this year.  In February we attended an Allianz event in Boca Raton, FL.  We had such a wonderful time and I can't wait to return to Florida and enjoy the beaches a little more (I was about 7 1/2 months pregnant at the time of the trip.) We also got to attend a trip to Kauai, Hawaii this summer.  We brought along a two month old Londyn and had the most beautiful time in GORGEOUS Kauai.  He definitely still enjoys golfing as often as he can and I am glad he has something that makes him feel relaxed and happy.  He spent the first 10 months of the year serving as Executive Secretary and really cherished working with the bishopric of our ward.  He's recently been called to work back in the Primary and he's excited to hear what age group he is assigned to.  I cannot speak about this man, without mentioning his greatest accomplishment of this year; He saved my life.  My husband carried me down the stairs, into the car and sped his way to the hospital in which my life was saved.  He is my hero and I'm so thankful that we were able to celebrate another beautiful year of marriage this year.  8 years and counting...

As for me, the above four people are my life.  Their accomplishments are my joy.  I am so thankful that I have such a beautiful family that my soul fought to stay with.  We were so happy to enjoy the time together in Florida and Hawaii this year.  In Kauai, I even made"friends" with a celebrity (Kadee Strickland from one of my favorite shows Private Practice).  She and her husband (Jason Behr) were so kind.  We exchanged a few gifts- we sent them chocolate covered mangoes, and she gave me her favorite Kauai roasted nuts.  I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture! Our family also did a few Disneyland trips.  One in March right before the baby was born, and one in May after she came.  We took a family vacation to Tahoe and enjoyed the lake and beach this summer, as well as a trip to Utah to visit my brothers and camping at our favorite, Thousand Trails.  I love vacations with my family!  I have been feeling so amazing and am so happy to be cured and to have recovered so quickly.  I am in the best shape of my life and so thankful to have a strong heart that gets my through my workouts and chasing after my three babies everyday.  I still have my braces...unfortunately.  We had anticipated them being off by now, but apparently I have some stubborn central incisors- the most stubborn my ortho has seen in 10 years he says.  Nice.  So, I will probably have another two months in braces... but we are getting close.  Definitely I'll be smiling with TEETH in my Christmas picture next year!  After I had the baby and had my heart issues, I was released from my calling as Nursery leader and was made the Nursery Music Leader.  A few months after that, I was released and called as the Relief Society pianist and I am working on brushing up those rusty piano skills.

As 2012 closes, we take a big sigh of relief and breath in a deep cleansing breath of gratitude for our blessings.  We know more than ever that we have a loving Heavenly Father that watches out for us and knows our every need.  We are so thankful for our Savior, especially at this time of year.  Because God sent  His son, who suffered and died and lived again, we are an eternal family.  Even if this year had turned out differently, that fact still remains.  And for that precious knowledge, we are most grateful this year.  An eternal family and the plan of salvation is our most treasured gift.

We hope that your lives have been as equally blessed as our has this year.  Your immense love, support and countless prayers on our families behalf this last year has been such a testimony builder to us.  We are so thankful to be associated with so many of God's earthly angels in our lives.  We love you and pray for all the best for you and yours in 2013.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Marc, Stacy, Montana, Carson and Londyn Rogers




0 comments: