You've all seen those Sour Patch Kids commercials- like THIS one...
"First they're sour...then they're sweet..."
I have decided that we live with one of these little creatures. As our sweet Londyn creeps nearer to her 2nd birthday, her little personality continues to emerge. If you spend any amount of time around her, you know she is the most expressive child. You always know exactly how she is feeling by the look on her adorable little face.
For example, today in Walmart, I purchased a new hair brush that Luby promptly used on her neatly rubber-banded hair, turning her hair into a snagged mess. Typical toddler-no big deal. However, the game turned into throwing the brush onto the ground then squealing to hold it. I probably played along for 4 or 5 brush-chuckings, until I finally didn't give it back to her. To suppress the screams that came along with tha,t we promptly made a beeline for the donuts. Much like her mommy, this girly loves a good maple bar. For Valentines Day she indulged on a deliciously beautiful, heart shaped maple donut. As we waited in the checkout line, I looked down at her sweet face, covered in maple frosting, her hair askew and thought that moment deserved documentation. As I held up my phone and told her to say cheese, my 22 month old, rolled her eyes at me. No joke...she rolled her eyes. And not just once. The woman behind me chuckled and said she'd never seen such a little girl make such a big girl face.
This is the picture I got...
....and every time I'd hold up my phone to sneak another picture, she'd roll her eyes and then shut them. After I put my phone away, she gave me the sweetest smile and puckered up for a kiss.
This is typical Londyn fashion. Marc will come home from work and she will run towards him, arms outstretched squealing "Daddy!" He will pick her up to give her love, and she will promptly slap him across the face. And then kiss him.
While there are moments where the sting of the slap, or the ringing of the ears from the squeals prove a tiring process, I am so in love with the little personality that is developing in my strong-willed, confident little one. She is definitely unique and knows who she is and what she wants...and I wouldn't have it any other way.


0 comments:
Post a Comment