Thursday, February 25, 2010

Home Stretch

This is me this week. I have essentially one word that embodies how I feel right now---EXHAUSTED.


It's hard to feel this way, because up until this point in the last 37 weeks, I have been able to work out, pack my house, move my house, unpack my house, etc. Now, getting out of bed to shower feels like a task too taxing on my ballooned body. It's crazy how a baby can suck the life force out of you these last few weeks.

And of course everyone says, "Sleep! Sleep while you can." This, I know, since I already have been through newborn phase once in my life. However, the only person who disagrees with my getting rest and naps and sleeping, is my three year old. She was up at quarter to seven this morning. Asking for pizza. I REALLY need to get dark drapes for her room. And she herself amongst the move and all of the changes has officially joined the "NAPS NO MORE" crew. Perfect timing.

Anyway, we are definitely looking forward to this little man. All of us. We told Montana we could go to Disneyland after the baby comes (obviously not right away), so she is looking forward to that as well. She is so excited to have a baby brother. I know at this point even though I am uncomfortable and tired, it is still easier to have him in here than out. Plus, I'm cherishing my one on one time with Montana during the day, but it's hard not to sort of "countdown". Three weeks seems like a long time and a short time....all at the SAME time.

The Dr. did an ultrasound on Tuesday. Carson is face down, head down. So perfect position to be delivered, but still pretty high up...which I could have bet my life on that fact, considering the fact that I can barely breathe. I have an application on my iPod touch called "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that gives week to week updates and such on the pregnancy. All throughout, it has given me the baby's size in comparison to a fruit or vegetable. This week (and through the end of the pregnancy), it's a watermelon. WATERMELON!! Head to rump, in a rounded position. Yep, it pretty much looks like thats what I'm smuggling in there. But not only does it look like that, it FEELS like I've eaten an entire watermelon. All the time. Especially at night when I lay down to sleep, and try to breathe at the same time. Both essential to my health, sleeping and breathing, for some reason, not a very happy combo at the moment.

Anyway, if this post sounds complainative, I apologize. I'm totally not complaining. I realize the blessing of having a child, carrying a child and all that I have coming up in my life. We are so blessed and excited! This time next month we will have a little boy in our new home, brightening our lives. It's starting to feel real...

3 comments:

Emily said...

You look so cute. I can't wait to meet your little boy.

Bird is the Word said...

That post was sweet! Little boys are SO fun! I wish ALL the best for you right now, and that you get all you need to get done before this baby comes! Congrats!!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Oh my gosh I wish I looked like that when I was preggers. You're gorgeous!!!!!!!!