Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Goodbye Summer 2010

Dear Summer 2010,


You pretty much end for our family today. Montana starts her first real dance class
(combo tap/ballet/tumbling) tonight, and a new year of preschool tomorrow. Which means routine, which I have to admit I am ready for. My body is craving a reason to get up in the morning and have a mission. A purpose. Somewhere to get to by a certain time. I'm sure if you check back with me next week as my alarm screams at me, I'll be eating my words, but we are excited.

Now Summer 2010, I have to tell you, you were a little bipolar. You weren't sure if you wanted to be scorchingly hot, or a degree away from feeling like fall. Just as Montana really learned to love swimming, you dropped into the 70's and we all kind of lost Summer momentum. Now, school is starting and apparently you told Fall it was okay to take the 100 degree weather and drag it out. Well, I'll let it slide for a few more weeks, but it's time to make your graceful exit Summer 2010. I do have to admit, I will miss you... you brought us so much happiness and joy.

*Disneyland with great friends

*Family BBQ's

*4th of July Block Parties

*Running on summer nights, when the sun still shone

*Day trips to Santa Cruz and Tahoe

*Weekly golf for Dad (Brought Dad lots of joy every time... sometimes Mommy wasn't joyful)

*State Fair, Jelly Belly, Six Flags

*HAWAII

So many things to be thankful for, Summer. We appreciate you giving us your light and warmth in which to enjoy it.

I do have to say, while I am excited for the Fall season (just thinking about Fall, c'mon, Costco...Christmas decor already...seriously??), I will miss the fact that 3 year old summer Montana is moving on...and will never look like this again...

And my little Carson man will never be a little pink bundle of baby laying on the beach like this again...

And I'll probably never be this blonde again...(Okay, who am I kidding...we all know I'm fickle with my hair. Give it a few years...) However, Marc is this hot all the time.
Okay Summer, maybe I'm not quite ready to move my babies into Fall. Because with each season, that means they are getting bigger, and older, and soon I won't be able to carry them both on my hips, or spend every waking moment with them.

Shine on, sun...make your days a little longer. Give me 24 hours and 2 more minutes if you can...I want to kiss these sun kissed cheeks as long as I possibly can.


Sincerely,
A Loving Mommy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved your post Stacy!! It brought tears to my eyes!!

Cristi said...

i love this post! i have a hard time making my peace with the fact that summer is over every year. i love your blonde locks!

Brenner Family said...

Such a sweet post! I am SOOOO ready for fall. I can smell it, feel it and taste it and it makes me anxious! I love the fall!!!

Rochelle said...

I love the fact that summer hot weather finally showed up. (This is me being sarcastic.) I was sad to say goodbye to summer when my kids started school, but loved the cool weather yesterday cause I got to wear jeans!

Sara Marie said...

Hey Stace... Just wanted to make sure you had our new blog address. It's:

saranscottsimpson.blogspot.com

Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks!! Love you!

Erixgirl said...

I can't believe summer is over. All I want to do is GTL! haha.
I still feel like summer just barely started and we are already a couple months into the school year.
I love how you totally captured the fact that your little ones will never be at that point again.....why do they have to get bigger? I'm still working on a way to keep mine little and adorable and most of all... innocent forever. ;)
Have a wonderful school year, Montana!!!!

kendra joy said...

Awww, that made me teary too! Time goes way too fast and I, too don't want my baby(s) to grow up so fast!