Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Messy Business

Oh, I am obsessive over my house.  I drive myself crazy trying to keep it clean and spotless.  I am learning to find a balance, but I'm afraid it'll probably always be one of my obsessions.

However, a few weeks ago, the house was particularly messy and it was making me somewhat crazy...just as I was about to grab the vacuum, I looked around and grabbed my camera instead.  

One day, my house will have no real reason to be cleaned up...

There will be no more play dough ice cream mid day snacks.


 Or picnics or tea parties in the living room

 Or bouncing baby boys in the walk ways
 Or amateur artwork and love notes scattered about...or crumbs to vacuum up.

 Or toys to trip over

And that will be a sad day...so instead of worrying about cleaning up the toy room that I know is askew upstairs...and instead of updating this blog right this very moment (although it will be soon...)  I'm going to take my kids to the park on this very bright, sunny, November afternoon.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

It is a beautiful November day. And, it is easier to be obsessivly clean about your house when they are all old enough to do their part. It isn't too far off. :)

Erixgirl said...

Amen Girl!!!
I love that talk when President Monson reminded us to enjoy the little fingerprints and messes.

"…If you are still in the process of raising children be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled, will disappear all too soon, and that you will, to your surprise, miss them, profoundly."
— Thomas S. Monson

I really love your pictures.....especially the one of the stairs with the bag that says "Mom's World", perfectly stated!!!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Is it okay to copy this post and put it on my blog??? I LOVE IT.

p.s. Wow that really is messy for your house, I'm glad you took the pictures as proof or I would never have believed it.

Cheralyn said...

I can't stand messes either - but as your kids get older they get to clean it up! When I'm making dinner, I have the kids each pick up 10 things that are out of place and put them away. It is sooo nice, and helps me relax about the messes they make because I know they will clean it up:)

Bird is the Word said...

Girl we are TOOOOOOO alike! I need a clean house to function, but I like you need to let it go sometimes!! Thanks for the reminder! We need to love those kids now so they will love us later... :)

Aaron and Devon said...

Good for you! I hate having a messy house but sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy the moment.