Top 10 Things I Love About Motherhood (So far...)
IN RANDOM ORDER
1. The unlimited kisses and hugs. (Slobber and all...)
2. The smell of clean soft hair after bath time.
3. Checking on them while they are sleeping and just watching the peace in their faces as they lay tucked (or sprawled out) in their comfy beds.
4. Christmas. Holidays in general, but Christmas especially. Everything is more magical through the eyes of a child.
5. Disneyland (For the same reason as holidays... pure magic!)
6. The adorable things they say... especially the sweet stuff, like, "I love you, Mommy"..."Mommy your the best"..."Mommy, I never, ever will leave you." (Can I contractually bind them to that statement??)
7. Teaching them and watching them learn. I love to hear things like, "Mommy, that Stop sign is an octagon", or "That letter is an M, like my name."
8. The infectious laughs and giggles, especially during an impromptu tickle fight.
9. Listening to them pray or sing a song from primary.
10. The Christlike example they teach me of instant and true, forgive and forget... forgiveness.
Top 10 Things I Could Do Without, Regarding Motherhood (So far...)
In Random Order
1. Poop messes... anywhere but in the diaper. (Because it's poop...enough said).
2. Throwing up...most especially because it means they don't feel good...and because it seems to be a rippling effect around my house. Once a kid does, I feel like I have to, and Marc starts gagging.
3. The constant panic feeling that you are going to "screw them up". (Please tell me I'm not alone).
4. The guilt you feel that, no matter how hard you work, there is always something you are leaving out, or forgetting or could be doing better.
5. Tantrums. You know the kind. The screaming, kicking, make you feel handicapped and helpless kind. Ugh. I don't think any person, (even a child psychologist) can be educated on how to best handle that situation, especially on a child by child basis. However, if I am the one that is the expert on my child in particular and her tantrums...then that's sad, because I'm clueless as to how to handle it! :)
6. Saying goodbye to consistently worry-free, slumber. Once you have a child, it's like your heart walking outside of you, and you will never sleep without your mind on them again...I'm sure even when they are grown. Our Mommy Radar knows... whether it be a three year old standing 5 inches from your face in the night, or a teenager turning onto your street late at night. We always know, and sleep is never again fully uninterrupted.
7. Losing my patience or getting angry. I hate that feeling....that I never fully felt until I became a parent.
8.
9.
10.
I gave up...I can't figure out anymore. And to be totally honest, I guess I don't mind these things so much. Because even the hard things, make the countless amazing things, so much more rewarding!
Those are some of my top 10's...what are yours?
Anaconda?
1 year ago

8 comments:
Loved for top 10's got a good laugh out of the last 10. So true about all of them! I'd like to add whining to the list. I could so do without that
Awww love that! I will do it, when I get a moment ;)
Tantrums.....gotta love them....I find that totally ignoring them and leaving the room, walking away etc. works best. Even though its hard and it takes total restraint to do it, it works.
Have you encountered them in the grocery store or any store for that matter? THAT is the best! I still walk away, then hide at the end of the aisle peeping so no one takes her (like someone would snatch up a screaming tantrum throwing child) then we walk right out the door. Oh the joys.....;)
Cute post Stace.
My favorite thing about Motherhood is my children. I don't know if I would love it as much if it weren't for them. I'm amazed by how brilliant they are and I LOVE that they are because of the love between my man and I. It's hard to explain but mostly I LOVE being THEIR mommy. Kamryn and Dylan (to me) are the BEST part.
Amen to all of the above. Right now I would add potty training to the list of not so fun things but all the positives definatly outweigh any negatives that you can think of.
I totally agree with all your "Loves" and just to add my two cents.....I love the faith that our kids have and teach us. Children don't know how to doubt us, they just know that we will be there to feed them, shelter them, clothe them, wake them up, pick them up for school and all the other little (& Big) things that we do to show that we LOVE them. I love that they "know" that the tooth fairy is going to come when they've lost a tooth and knowing that Santa is watching them to make sure they're being good. They just don't question it....they really and truly believe and know!
On the other hand, I DON'T love...that one day, and it's getting closer all the time, they will get to make their own decisions and I can't always make up their minds for them:(....I just need to be the still small voice, is that too much to ask?
It goes so fast, thank goodness we've got forever, right??
Fun to read these. I would so add Potty training as my #1 NOT favorite. :)
Beautifully written and so very true!
I would have to say my favorite is when at the end of a long day when you just want to wring their neck they say something so funny and cute that you can't help but smile and everything else fades away.
Post a Comment