Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Rogers!

We hope this message finds you happy and healthy this holiday season!  2013 was another big year for the Rogers family as we have moved to Cedar Hills, Utah!  We are truly experiencing a white Christmas season so far!  Here's a look back on this year, and how we got here...

Londyn (20 months)- If you've ever been around this sweet bundle of joy, you'd know that she is the most expressive child.  The faces she makes are priceless!  We feel like she has an older soul about her- she tends to read people very well and is a good judge of character.  This winter as we took a ride on the "Polar Express", she became the VIP of our car as she reached out to every helper, Elf, Mrs. Claus and even Santa Claus himself, as they walked by.  They carried her up and down the isle of the train as we sang Christmas songs.  She loves attention, and being the baby of the family, she gets lots of it!  She has also began going to nursery at church- which is a huge milestone for us to not have anymore babies in the hall!  She's learning to talk and has quite an array of words that she is learning, including the seasonal "Ho, ho, ho!"  She has become a huge fan of FaceTime-ing with family members and is so excited to see grandmas and grandpas back in California.

Carson (3 1/2)- Our buddy boy is such a sweetheart.  He melts my heart on a constant basis.  He will walk into a room to find me, just to give me a hug and tell me he loves me.  We've contemplated seat belting him to his dinner chair, because he's constantly getting up to come around the table.  He looks at me with his big eyes and smile and says, "Mommy...I just wanna give you a hug."  How can I argue that?!?!  He is obsessed with pretend play and has an amazing imagination.  We currently have five, FIVE, imaginary "dogs".  Some are actual stuffed dogs, theres a stuffed lion that's a dog...and I think a few more are invisible.  He's into everything ninja and superhero and is constantly asking me if I want to play too.  He always lets me be the pink Power Ranger.  He started preschool in the fall, two days a week, but begs to go to school everyday.  He absolutely LOVES it and his teacher Mrs. Redd.  He's loving the snow and asks on a daily basis to go play in it.  I tell him most days, that there will be A LOT of time for us to make snowmen and go sledding.  (Like, plenty of months...and years... of snow in our future!)  Carson also played his first season of soccer this year, and we really saw this little athlete come out!  He's been talking about going back to "Caulifonia" for Christmas for months now and cannot wait to see everyone!

Montana (7)- I cannot believe I just typed that number next to one of my childrens' names.  I still am in shock and disbelief at times that she is as old as she is.  We went to an "It's Great to be 8!" fireside this last Sunday, where we talked about her upcoming Baptism in 2014.  As she got excited about Activity Days and the details of a baptism, I couldn't help but get teary eyed thinking about what huge milestones are in store for my "baby" this year.  She has transitioned really well into full day school and first grade.  She LOVES her teacher and her school and her friendly, positive and determined demeanor have really helped her with this big move to a new school and all new friends.  She misses all her cousins and friends in California, but has loved every minute of living in Utah.   She played her third season of soccer this year and is such a natural at it.  She also started gymnastics and loves it! She is reading like crazy and spells like a champ!  She is pretty determined on her grades, as she came home crying when she got a 9/10 on her spelling test last week.  I can't imagine what I would do without my responsible girl who looks after her siblings, does chores without being asked and is also one of my very best girlfriends.  Like her brother and sister, she is so excited to see all of her family and friends in California for Christmas!

Stacy-  Yes, I KNOW I left out my age....you don't ever ask a woman that!!! Okay, okay, I'll spill since it was a big one this year.  I hit the big 3-0...and guess what?  I love it!  I actually am so excited about my 30's and all that are in store in that decade.  I've set some pretty high goals for myself and am excited for what the future will bring.  The move to Utah has probably been the hardest for me in the family, because I left a network of women in my life- mothers, sisters, friends- that are irreplaceable.  However, when I say hard, it doesn't accurately portray the beauty of this experience and how seamlessly we have been able to start our lives out here.  We have truly been blessed and know that we are in the right place.  I thankfully have some family out here, some friends from home that have made their way to Utah as well, and have made some friends that have made all the difference in this transition.  My sanity has also come in the form of a very similar routine nearly everyday.  I love to go to the gym and have found it to be even moreso than just a hobby and passion, but almost a job I do everyday for myself, and my family. (I'm not a fun person to be around without a shot of endorphins!)  I have a lot of aspirations to delve more into music out here and am looking forward to putting more time and effort into that in the coming year.   I, too, am very excited to go back to Sacramento.  The kids and I haven't been back since we moved in June- and I can't wait to hug all our family and friends!

Marc- I have never seen this man happier.  This new endeavor, still in the annuity and life insurance industry that he's been in since 2006, has brought us to Utah County where he has partnered with some really amazing people that he truly enjoys being with and learning from.  He has enjoyed being a member at the country club right across the street from his office...so he has definitely spent some time "working" on the golf course.  He has taken us on some getaways to help break up this transition- we went to Vegas and Disneyland as a couple and then to Disneyland as a family, and have also spent a lot of time checking out the local scene at Farmers Markets, Corn Belly's, the country club pool, Alpine Live Nativity and lots of restaurants, etc.  We are thankful that he is able to spend so much more time with us with some flexibility in his schedule.  He also enjoys working out at either the club on his lunch or at the gym with me on the weekends, as well as playing early morning basketball three times a week.

We are all very excited about our life out here in Utah!  We are getting used to the cold weather and the white scenery.  I'm constantly saying, through chattering teeth, how extremely beautiful it is out here.  Living right by the mouth of the American Fork Canyon, we've really been able to see the array of beauty that we are fortunate enough to live in.

One of the main things that has remained the same for us this year, as always, is our love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We believe a loving Heavenly Father has led us on this journey and know that we have been blessed by His grace and mercy.  At this time of year especially, I want to express our gratitude for our Savior, Jesus Christ and how thankful we are that a child was Born to live the most exemplary life, suffer for us, die for us and ultimately redeem us through his Resurrection so that this family that we have built, can be eternal.  We hope that you as well have felt His love throughout this year and throughout this holiday season, and that we can all ALWAYS remember, among the hustle and bustle of fun traditions, games and songs, that He is the reason for the season.

Have the merriest of Christmases with your loved ones and such a Happy New Year!  Our best to you and yours in 2014!

Love,
The Rogers

1 comments:

Francis5 said...

Thank you for posting this blog! I loved tagging about your adventure and I'm so glad you are enjoying your Utah adventure. Love you!