Because its Wednesday...and today, was WILD!
I'm pretty sure that any day that you wake up and the first thing you have to do is shovel your driveway during a snow storm...the day is gonna be a little crazy. I feel adjusted to the temperatures in a sense. Cold is cold is cold. And it's cold for sure. Snow constantly coming down is another thing. I may have spent a combined total of 2 hours shoveling my driveway today (I'm kind of still pretty bad and unefficient at it.) But, it was only 7:30 in the morning- and I was cheery enough to begin a day. So, I bucked up, shoveled the snow and went off to the gym.
After the gym I had a volunteer assignment at Montana's school... and this is where it really got WILD...
I do a job where I return and then check out books for a "Take Home Reading" system. It's in a little room off the library, where there are a few toys and you are allowed to bring your younger children. It's usually a little crazy, but manageable. Today, I made it through about 2/3rds of my project when I smelt it. At first, with another baby in the room that belonged to another mother working for a different class, I thought, "Maybe its not mine..." but I soon recognized the brand. It was my Loo for sure. Loo...and "used" the Loo. And it was foul. In this tiny little room, we were practically being smoked out by the vapors. I apologized for the sweet other mom and told her I was almost finished. Just as I said this, I look over to find my little STINKER (literally), pulling books off of shelves. It was like she was magic, the pile of books on the floor. I'm not sure how her tiny little hands accomplished so much in the mere moments my back was turned, but she had doubled the work I had left. And I think I was starting to lose conciousness from lack of clean oxygen. I scampered to return the books to their alphabetically correct spots (ugh...) and then the lights went off....
...and on...
...and off...
Oh, my sweet Carson. His Kindle was obviously no longer of much interest to him. "Bud, don't do it. No more."
Lights out.
"Carson!"
Repeat.
He must have seen the fire in my eyes the fourth or fifth time and decided hell hath no fury like a momma who has to change nuclear poop after all this.
I frantically replaced the books and was cleaning up the mess of leggos and snacks my kids had strewn around the room, when I hear the scream. The "I'm super hurt, I'm not going to take a breath for twenty seconds after the first shreik until I practically pass out" kind of scream, coming from Londyn. I look over to find her on the ground and Carson looking like a deer in the headlights.
I hate to admit that the WILD in Wild Wednesday at this point, would have described me. My head may have spun around on my body. By the time we left the room, the Kindle was confiscated, and Carson had the promise of a time-out when we got home. We checked out of the school and got out to the car, where Carson and I had a heart to heart and I apologized for getting as upset with him as I did. And him, with his gorgeous hazel eyes, filled up with tears, gave me the sweetest I'm sorry. And my heart melted, like it always does with that kid.
I felt renewed enough to attempt what I still needed to do- which was run to the grocery store.
At this point, I think I had lost brain cells from the smell...which, I did change before the grocery store. Because, my old brain cells would have just said, "Go home, Stace...go home."
I think the WILD could just be listed at this point...
*Baby gets bonked in the head with a snow shovel- screaming ensues.
*A plethora of junk I never buy gets chucked into my cart by Carson, who only won 3 out of the 4 snacks. #parentfail
*All of my groceries loaded on the belt when Carson grabs himself and jumps up and down yelling, "I have to go pee!"
This was all grocery store...after grocery store:
*Lots more shoveling
*Baby gets a hold of black sharpie.
*Montana admits after attitude of the century,she "may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and should go to bed early tonight." Uh, ya think sister??
*I just showered. And it's 5pm.
So, yes...I had a bit of a Wild Wednesday. But most of these things I am already laughing about. Except for the Sharpie. It ruined her super cute little GAP shirt.
And I love my life. I love my Wild Wednesday...and every other day of the week that has it's wild and crazy moments. It's fun to share in the moments like this to gain some perspective that life will inevitably bring days like these. Especially with three young children...in a snow storm...with a Mom that honestly wasn't on her "A" game today. And tomorrow, for Thankful Thursday, I will talk about why I am thankful for days like this...honestly.
With perspective....after the fact... :)
With perspective....after the fact... :)


2 comments:
Hey Stace! Just stopping by to say hi:) I never peruse blogs anymore. But, I have been inspired recently to update my own, so that I can document our family time. I hope to be consistent (posting)this year with our family fun (or just normal everyday matters that I don't want to forget!)Anyways, there's a runner Mom's blog that I follow. She is THE most amazing runner & she lives in Utah...check out motherraer.com and text me:) Lets help eachother stay motivated for our marathon hahahaaa!
Hey Stace! Just stopping by to say hi:) I never peruse blogs anymore. But, I have been inspired recently to update my own, so that I can document our family time. I hope to be consistent (posting)this year with our family fun (or just normal everyday matters that I don't want to forget!)Anyways, there's a runner Mom's blog that I follow. She is THE most amazing runner & she lives in Utah...check out motherraer.com and text me:) Lets help eachother stay motivated for our marathon hahahaaa!
Post a Comment