My friend Maran put up a blog tagging all of those who check her blog, to respond with 8 things about them, that others may not know. I'm kind of an open book, so some people may know these things about me, but here are my 8:
1) I am borderline obsessive compulsive about things at night time. It didn't really happen until I became a mother, but it ranges from normal, little things like making sure that every door is locked (and double locked if possible) before I go to bed, to shutting every door in the hall besides Montana's bedroom and my bedroom, and then I probably check on her two or three times before I go to bed. And when I say check on her...I actually feel her back or stomach to make sure she's breathing. I've had this fear since she was born of her not breathing. So, yeah, that is probably my biggest thing most people don't know about me. (I probably shouldn't have shared the weirdest one first.)
2) I love the band "My Chemical Romance". Realistically, I can't really relate to many of their songs, because I am a happy person...but I just love their sound. I got hooked on them from their first album and song, "Helena", then heard "Black Parade" on the radio, and I just basically love their sound.
3) I sing in the shower and in the mirror, and imagine myself as if I'd actually have made it as a singer. It was always my dream, and I guess in a way it always will be. I've been doing it forever and I see myself probably always doing it.
4) I only wash my hair every other day...I used to wash it every day, but my cousin/hairstylist reccommended that I don't, because my hair would be healthier if I only washed it every two days. (She washes her hair every three days.) Believe it or not, my hair has definitely been healthier since I started doing that.
5) I watch"teen-y" MTV shows like "The Hills", "Laguna Beach/Newport Harbor". Don't ask me why...I just do.
6) While most people listen to the radio on the way to work in the morning, I usually pray. Even though my eyes are on the road and I'm not on my knees, I feel like it's a time that I can really connect and be open for revelation. But, if you were driving next to me, you might just think I was talking to myself.
7) I like to read inspirational, topical books more so than stories and novels. I love the idea of expanding the way that I look at life, the world, and challenging myself to progress beyond what I am.
8) I love sushi. It's a new development this year, but I never knew I could love it so much. Mikuni is our favorite restaurant, and after going two or three times every month at the least, for the last eight months or so...it doesn't get old.
Now, those of you who read this and have a blog...TAG, YOU'RE IT! I think its kind of fun to learn things about people that you know so well, and thought you knew most everything about.
Anaconda?
1 year ago

1 comments:
Don't worry about the obsessive compulsive thing. I think it comes with being a mother because I, too, am always worried about Hannah. I've never heard of your favorite band before. I'll have to check them out because I usually like the same things as you.
Post a Comment