I love my friends. A few weekends ago, I got to spend some time with a few friends that I cherish time with. The times we spend together are always so easy, fun, drama free and real and I just love the dynamics of our families. Our husbands all get along, and our children play great together. The only bad part about this particular weekend, was that it was sort of a "farewell" to Rachel and Trent Barker as they embark on a new journey, moving to Chicago for about a year for Trent's dream job. We are all so happy for them, but we will miss them SO much!
Friday, Rachel and I did what we do best and we went shopping at the mall! :) I also love that she will buckle down and buy See's candy with me and we will induldge on the heaven that is a Bordeaux chocolate.
After the mall and some quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A, we went to a park where Montana showed Rachel her new princess scooter and we all went on a make believe road trip with Montana behind the wheel.
The way that Rachel attends to kids and plays with them, there is no doubt in my mind that this woman will be the most amazing mother ever.
The next evening, we met up with our good friends Samantha and Eric Lindsay and their little girl Kami along with the Barker's for some dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.
We had a little photo shoot by the river. Rachel always the So Cal hot blonde in her shades and Samantha just about the most adorable pregnant woman I've ever seen. She is about 6 1/2 months pregnant with their little boy, Dylan, here. I look like this when I get bloated at that time of month... haha. Gorgeous friends!
Even the men got in on the photo op. We are lucky girls, aren't we?
The food was good and the dancing and fun was even better! The girls had LOTS of energy and it was the perfect restaurant for that. I think we tuckered them out a bit and Montana slept wonderfully that night!
I know the Lindsey's echo our sentiments in saying, we will miss you so much Trent and Rachel! We are all sad to see you go, but refuse to say goodbye...more of a see ya later. In the meantime, you may have to get ready for some visitors in Chicago. :)

5 comments:
CUTE! John Q movie quote right?? I love that movie! It is hard to see friends go, good thing it is for a good reason! Montana gets more and more adorable EVERY day! ~
We really will miss them. But we'll have a BIG vacation to plan at Lake Powell.
Aww... I'm just now seeing this post. I am missing you and hope that you will come visit soon! :) You such an amazing friend Stace that I always learn and grow from you and that's what I love the most about you. I loved being with you and Montana. She really is a sweet little pea, that I could play with any time. You are the amazing mother!Thanks for your love Love ya.
Ahhh...I miss Rachel and I don't even live in California. I'm sad that she won't be there when we come to visit.
Hey we can't go to Oakley's reception on Sat night, my sister will be there though. We have a good friend getting married that night so we'll be going to that wedding. Trump Towers was amazing. We had a suite. Complete with a jet tub and a TV in the mirror of the bathroom. It was so classy and elegant. We loved it. You should go you will be in heaven. Let's get together, I'll be in So. Cal next week till the 4th. So let's all get together after that. Eric wants to go golfing with Marc.
Sorry for the long message.
Love you.
Post a Comment