Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Logan's Monumental Day

Last Saturday, my youngest brother Logan shared a wonderful day with all of us as he went through the temple for the first time. It's such a sanctuary to be in the temple, especially surrounded by those you love. I'm so grateful that we have such a place of simple, sacred worship to remind us why we endure the craziness of this life.





Logan is preparing to leave to preach the Gospel as a full-time missionary, in Calgary Canada. Saturday was just the first of many big steps and leaps of faith that he will take over the next two years, but I know that it will be something cherished for the rest of his life. That kind of sacrifice and devotion, especially as a 19 year old guy...is inspirational to me. I'm grateful for a wonderful family who are daily examples to me.


Some pictures from the day...


He's one good-lookin' kid!




Logan and I share some special bonds. Out of the five biological kids, we are the only two that have similar physical looks. Courtney, David and Whitney match...and Logan and I match. We also match in our passion, dramatics and emotion. I love this kid and am grateful that someone can understand the love of telling a story with a million more words than necessary, as much as I do.





I'm so grateful that they not only feel like brothers, but that they are friends.





My eternity.





Logan had many supporters come to be with him that day. Including his boss and his wife, some of his close friends, Sam's (Logan's sweet girlfriend) wonderful parents and sister, two of our Aunts and some dear family friends. We got pictures with some of his friends afterwards. My dad is a temple worker and had a shift immediately following the session, therefore he didn't make the photo shoot afterwards.




Just cuz he's David and he's silly...







Couldn't get everyone to focus at the same time





My and my dear sista-friend,





Mama with her two oldest girls...





Mama with her two boys...



Mom with 4 out of 7



Brothas





Mom with her 3rd missionary





The picture Marc insisted on...me alone in front of the temple.



It was a beautiful day...inside AND out.

6 comments:

Fairchild Family said...

Luv your passion for the gospel! Sounds like an amazing day!

Sam! said...

I just have to say that i loved looking at these pictures!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

That is a big day. Congrats.

RachelBarker said...

That's awesome! I'm excited for Logan, he is going to be so great in the mission field. He has the greatest personality. Beautiful family.

Maran said...

Congrats to Logan! What a special day! You'll have to let me know when you are up here so that I can see you.

kendra joy said...

I can't believe how old your siblings are now & that you're brother is leaving for his mission! Crazy!

Did you get my letter in the mail? Hopefully I can see you next month when we're in town!

Miss you!

And thanks...we're excited about the baby!