There is something really fun about seeing everyone unite in one color. Like back in elementary school when we all wore our school color on Fridays. For some reason, I really got into St. Patrick's Day this year. For a festive dinner, I made cornbeef on rye (get it, irish?) panini sandwiches, with an artichoke (get it, green? Plus, we don't like cabbage), and I made my on concotion of a mint julip. I also tried to make Montana green eggs for breakfast-but she wanted an Eggo waffle. Can't make that green.
Also, we had Andalyn, Ryan and Aunt Courtney come over to make some St. Patrick's day sugar cookies. In order to speed up the process, I bought pre-made cookie dough. Oh, the shame from someone who loves to make cookies like me. I regret my purchase as the dough was worthless to shape. We tried anyway.
We ended up with some funky shapes, but with the buttercream frosting and green sprinkles, they tasted great nonetheless.
When I say I went all out...I mean it. The green eye shadow even made its spring debut.
I immaturely and without really thinking about it, taught Montana to pinch when she saw Grandma who wasn't wearing green. What the heck was I thinking? Sorry, Mom. You should have worn green. :) So, basically Iwas telling a two year old, "You can pinch only today because its a special occasion...". Rookie move.
Hope everyone had a fun St. Patrick's Day...and I apologize in advance if my daughter pinches you the next time you see us.

5 comments:
Good for you! I should have been more festive for St. Pattie's Day. Oh well, maybe next year. Love the green eye shadow. :) Too fun!
Mmmmmm...those sandwiches look yummy. I really like St. Patty's day because I love corn beef!! We have it more than once a year, though. It's fun to dress up in green, too!
So cute! I love St. Pattys day too! Your so cute making a yummy dinner. We went to the parade in Old Sac. Try it out one year.
FUN! These are the times we need to take advantage of! PINCH away montana! Grandma SHOULD have been in green! ~e
Sorry...I'm blog stalking...what a fun day. This is the one holiday that I don't go all out except to put green on the kids so they don't get pinched...I'll have to try some of these ideas next year.
Post a Comment