Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Skow-boarding

Grandma: "Montana, where did Mommy and Daddy go?"

Montana: "They went skow-boarding..."

Yes, we did. We finally took the much needed trip for just the two of us. It came close to not happening...

...here Montana and I were the day Daddy called Mommy to say he requested Friday off from work!!! Yipee...



...here Marc and I were that night after I got in a car accident and we were wondering if we should even go...


But, we decided we HAD to. We both NEEDED it. And so, we went.

Because of our somewhat last minute reservations, the hotel we stayed at was not one we knew much about...it had nice pictures. And the hot tub looked nice, so we booked it. We got there and the lobby looked great...just like the pictures! :) Then we got the key to our room....

TWO DOUBLE BEDS and 1970's Tahoe decor. I said, "This sucks." Marc said, "Yeah, this sucks!"

So we went back to ask if there was anyway we could pay to upgrade because we didn't want to spend our romantic getaway in an ugly room with double beds and a combo shower and tub. SO not what the pictures promised. They showed us the honeymoon sweet which was a bit more "upgraded" with a heart shaped tub in the floor and mirrors on the walls. Ummm...still no. Too cheesy and not worth an extra $150 bucks a night. So, we agreed to stay in the double bed room for one night and switch the next night to a pool side sweet that was featured in the online pictures.

Other than a little room mishap, our trip was great. We walked around shops all day on Friday, had a sushi dinner (that didn't even come CLOSE to comparing to our beloved Mikuni) and saw a movie. "Taken"--ahhh, see it...it's great, but don't see it, you'll be scared.

Getting ready to walk around Heavenly Village in South Lake Tahoe

Standing in front of the ice rink

After cruisin' around we came back to shoot some pool in the lobby and then sat in the huge hot tub. We were then joined by about 7 annoying drunk guys and we proceeded to the lobby for some hot chocolate and back to our lovely double bed. (We made it romantic. Don't worry. wink wink)

The next morning, it was time to hit the slopes...and oh yes, we sure looked the part...(you can see a little bit of our first room with the double beds in these shots-definitely not what the pictures had suggested on the website. I'll post later pictures of what the second room looked like.)

And hit the slopes, we did. In fact I hit them a few times....on my face, on my butt, on my knees...but overall, I think I did great for a girl that goes once a year.
Marc on the other hand, is an amazing snowboarder. Luckily for me, he hung around with me on the blue square mountains for most of the day. When some snowboarder dudes from Colorado rode the lift and asked to hang out with us for a little while, I sent Marc off to ride with them to some snowboard parks to play.
Marc took lots of video and pictures of me, but never wanted to hand me the camera. He was probably afraid to let me try and multitask. :)


On the lift-oh dear goggles, the wonders you do for my chubby cheeks...

Look at this GORGEOUS view! Ahh, it was heavenly...no wonder they call it Heavenly.


Speaking of heavenly, we had our first ever (and hopefully not last) couples massage following our day of snowboarding. It was delightful. Marc was skeptical when he saw his masseuse Monica--who looked more like MAN-ica, if you know what I'm saying, but by the time she worked him over with her insanely large arms, I thought Marc was going to propose to her. If she wasn't in South Lake Tahoe, he'd be back there on a weekly basis.
To continue with the "heavenly" theme, we got our upgraded room that night.





Ahhh, yes, that's much more like it! If we ever go back to this hotel, we will for SURE request the poolside suite.
That night, we didn't take pictures but we went out to dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in one of the Casino's. We walked everywhere we went and so it was nice to just spend that time together holding hands, keeping each other warm and just talking.
We sat in our in room jacuzzi and stayed up late-it felt like a honeymoon! Not only that, we slept in until 9am!!! What? That never happens. Thank heavens for heavy curtains on the window.
We had breakfast and packed up to head home. The weather was perfect the entire weekend and as we drove away, snow started to fall; it was beautiful timing.
We had some camera fun on the way home, I went to take a shot of Marc and he stuck his finger in his nose. I told him I was going to post it....
...so apparently, he decided to get me back. You'd think since I slept in until 9 I wouldn't have been tired, but I couldn't help it. Hey, at least I'm not drooling.
I think I am going to have a new addiction to weekend getaways. It was so wonderful and even though we missed our baby, she had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's house getting the love and attention of eight people.
Romantic weekend in Tahoe-just what the doctor ordered.

7 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

NICE! ~ I suck at snowboarding too... and Matt is on the Black Diamonds, so needless to say he goes with me not too often! We'll have to go on a trip together!
Glad you got upgraded! ~ FUN!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Sounds EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. There is no place like Tahoe, to snowboard and see the gorgeous lake all around is breathtaking. You my dear look like a pro-snowboarder in your cute outfit. I love it. I'm so glad you guys did that. You both deserve it. Love you.

RachelBarker said...

SO, cute! Love the pink on you! :) I wish we could have met up with you but had the party. Maybe next time. I love how you up graded :). You guys are so perfect together. Let's get to together next week?
You are so beautiful

Scot and Jenny said...

Fun Trip! I am glad you guys had a good weekend!

Chelsy said...

Stace...at least you can snowboard. I'm horrible at it. You'd think with all the sports and stuff I do I could handle it, but it truly isn't my favorite. I stick to skiing! What a fun trip! I'm not counting down the days until we get our trip together and get out of this cold weather!

Fairchild Family said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I am glad you were able to get away! You definitely deserve it! luv ya babe!

Cristi said...

THat looks so fun!