Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I NEED A NAP!

I am completely exhausted--yet I come to the computer to take care of, well ya know, computer business like bill paying, email answering, blogging, etc. Baby boy is nestled all snug in his bed (lucky boy) and Montana is currently doing the Hokey Pokey with the Backyardigans. A few moments of time I could spend focused on my "paper" work---since I've already done the "feeding" work (a few times), the "bottom wiping" work, (more than a few times), the "bathing/clothing" work, the "grocery" work, the "cleaning/laundry" work, the "pick up hubby's dry cleaning" work, etc. Seriously, a job just about paperwork sounds relaxing right about now...


Anyway, so I sit down with my to-do list, and nothing is going right. Bill-pay sites that should know I only have this small window of opportunity and patience to do this today, are inconveniently down for maintenance or some other load of phooey... (excuse my language and attitude, I'm perturbed...). Then my wonderful Nikon camera that cost lots of good money, has been acting up. The chord that connects it to the computer to pull off all of the pictures was not working. So we sent it away with the Geek Squad for 3 weeks because they thought it might be the cameras port where the chord goes. We got it back the other night and I go to take a picture and now all the pictures are blurry. Great---now they broke it. And I just checked to see if I could at least put the pictures onto my computer before I take it BACK to Geek Squad to now fix the camera, and THE PORT IS STILL BROKEN!!!! Lame, so until I take my memory card to Walgreens or go buy a memory card adaptor thing-a-ma-bob, I STILL can't blog my baby's birth pictures. And since I don't want to blog out of order, I can't blog anything else that's gone on since his birth.

Not to mention, I'm just tired on Wednesdays. I clean my house and run all my errands in the first part of the week, and then stay up too late on Tuesday nights while the kids sleep catching up on shows like Glee, Biggest Loser and Parenthood (okay and I hate to admit it, but the Hills and the City). I want to say American Idol, but I'm seriously so disinterested, it's not even funny... and I'm a singer. Ryan Seacrest is probably the most annoying person on the planet to me. Is he abnormally awkward this season, or is it just me? He used to be witty...

Anyway, so I'm sorry to say I cannot update with any pictures today. But since I have to go back to Best Buy to take my camera in, I will just be purchasing a memory card reader and then blogging with pictures will commence.

Whew- I don't know why typing it out is cathartic. Maybe that's why people are obsessed with Facebook status updates---it helps us get out our thoughts so we can throw them away.

So, I'm done purging my negative energy and am returning to my children who need me to be Mommy 24/7....Nap or No Nap.

At least this is the type of adorableness I have in my day to counteract the little annoyances I encounter.


AND, a last minute encounter that just totally cheered me up. My dad just left me a voicemail saying they are on their way to pick up the keys to their home. Knowing they are homeowners again makes me indescribably happy. If there is any family that deserves it, it's my parents. Way to go Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

I feel ya girl~ It gets easier with two, but enjoy the time one is "a blob" it's the best! Glad you are blogging again!!

Brenner Family said...

Oh Im sorry Stace, the best thing about crummy stuff is, it has to get better! This is sort of a lame question but your computer doesnt have the memory card reader on it, allot of the new ones do now, I couldnt find my cord one night and discovered that little gem. Just a thought, one Im sure you already looked into. Im glad you are back to blogging! Im going to be better too. Promise.