Monday, May 24, 2010

Montana Monday's

My little Montana says and does the darnedest things--so I think I will devote Monday's to her honor on this blog.



DANCING DRESSES

The picture to the left is an example of what Montana might look like at our house any given day of the week.

Yes, it is incredibly adorable. However, everyday when it's time to leave the house for an errand or what not, this is the argument that ensues:

Me: "Montana, it's time to get dressed-you need to put on some pants."

Montana: "But I can't DANCE in pants!"

Apparently the one requirement of her wardrobe choice is whether or not you can dance in it. And by dance, she means a dress can twirl around. Pants and shorts don't do that, Mom.

This has even made its way to what she will wear as pj's. If it's not a nightgown, she doesn't want to wear it. Apparently Montana dances in her dreams too. I gotta get this girl into ballet...

PET ROCKS
Montana has a little rock garden in the front, where she has collected quite a little group in the past few weeks.

The rule is that they stay outside, but she checks on them every chance she gets. The other day we left the house without her checking on her little rock garden, and as we were driving she screams, "I FORGOT TO SAY GOODBYE TO MY ROCKS". I reassured her that they would sit still and wait for her to return and she could say goodnight to them when we got home. I think this little girl needs a dog...

YOU TUBIN'

When we went to Utah, my younger sisters turned Montana onto "A Goofy Movie". It's all she wanted to watch and I didn't have it. So, I went to You Tube and found it for her on there. The only catch is it's in 10 minute parts and so every 10 minutes I would hear her say, "Next part..." and I would go into to click on it for her. One day as I'm cleaning in the kitchen and she's in the office watching the movie (for the bazillionth time), I realize that it's been over 10 minutes. I come in and she's watching some other older Mickey Mouse shorts. I asked her how she started watching that and she says, "I just clicked on it, Mommy." I watched her do it the next time a show was over and she had learned to look at the side links of suggested videos and click on one that seemed interesting to her. I was proud of her and ashamed at my mothering skills that my 3 year old was youtube video hopping---all atthe same time.

The next day I introduced her to Nickjr.com and some learning games to put her point and click skills to better use...

BACKSEAT DRIVER

We were driving the other day, and I stopped somewhat abruptly behind another car at a red light. Montana screams, "Mom! You're gonna get us killed!"

Yikes.

Not to mention that since she's learned what red, green and yellow lights mean, she constantly screams what to do at the intersections. Sometimes upon confusion of which light is ours, she'll look at one for a turning lane or another lane we are not in, and yell at me to "Go Mom! It's green. You're gonna miss it!"



Other Fun Facts:
*She loves Chocolate Milk and Strawberry Milk.
*She is daring and loves to boast about going on the Tower of Terror at Disneyland. No really, she did. More to come on that in the Disneyland post...
*She loves to cook with Mom.
*She has her first next door neighbor friend that they knock on the door to say, "Can Montana play?" (Am I really that old??)
*She loves to talk to her little brother and his face just lights up when he sees her. It's truly amazing.
*She loves to play make believe. Every time we are in baby brothers room, she turns all of his baby powder, lotion and baby wash into "food" and she plays mommy and I am the "dear"...(or daughter). "Come on dear, it's time to eat some chicken..."
*She loves to help me make her bed and do the laundry.

Happy Montana Monday!

3 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

SOOOO fun! Hailey will ONLY wear dresses... In fact today I put her in an ADORABLE short and shirt combo with TINKERBELL on it, and after 20 minutes she was in her Tinkerbelle Dress. She has gone shopping a few times in her Aurora Dress Up clothes because I just did not want to fight her changing... LOVE IT!

Emily said...

What a cute and smart girl! I loved reading all those tidbits about her.

Rogers Roundup said...

I'm glad you are blogging again! I love all of the black and white photos. The kids are adorable!