Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"SPAM" Blog comments

So, the last few days I have been getting random comments from profiles I don't recognize with comments with only the words, "Click here" or "See here" with a link attached to the word "here". The first one was annoying, the second one made me wonder, and the third one is really making me mad! I changed my settings to not allow anonymous commentors, but this doesn't filter out those who have created blogger accounts. I really hesitate to go private, like others have, because so many of my friends or family who check our blog, are not registered bloggers. My christmas card was sent out with our blogger address...I like that accessibility for those I wish to be able to see it. I'm not hiding from being found by long lost friends, or other blogger users I've yet to be able to discover, so going private is really something I don't want to have to do. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm alone...and if not, does anyone have anymore experience with these comments, and anything I can do other than just deleting them??
Any advice or just a simple..."happens to mine too", would be appreciated. I just don't know if I have the "hacked" blog. (Please don't let this deter you from checking my blog...considering that I have checked it from numerous computers since, and none have been attacked by some sort of virus monster...moreso, it's just an annoyance.)

5 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Stacy, we're using some setting on blogger that doesn't publish the comments on our blog until we approve them. So it emails us the comments and we read them and then log it to publish them. It works for us as we haven't had those spam problems! Like you we know many people who are going private but we really just don't want to! Good luck!!

Scott said...

I'm sorry that you guys are getting SPAM. We haven't gotten any yet on our blog, but I would suggest doing what the above comment says. It's not enough that we get loads of it in our email, now they have to stock our blogs as well. It's really annoying...hopefully it stops for you guys.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Stacy - I don't care about spam post some pictures of that baby girl. We have to get together. Sam

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

That would be so much fun. I LOVE day trips. I would love to go anywhere call me. 212-9562 Oh and give me your phone #. Our girls can play. What words is she saying now. Sam

RachelBarker said...

So, i have to much to say. I wanted to cry when I read your comment today! You are such a blessing to my life! You are so full of inspiration! And always put my days to a great start. I actually have a friend my age now. :) No, thank you about having Marc influence Trent on Golf. I laugh at it but really I like it. It's fun for them and it's better than other stuff that men do these days. Trent gets so excited when Marc texts trent to go hit. lol. They act like two girls on a shopping spree.j/k I'm so glad that they get along. I know we will be friends forever and have vacations together with our families!! I guess i need to get on that wagon but it's not that easy. I love you and I appreciate all that you teach me. Later