Monday, March 03, 2008

The Great Adventures of Tana Belle...

I have been meaning to blog these pictures for the last few weeks, but we have been a little under the weather in our household. Montana has experienced many firsts this month: Her first trip to the zoo, first time feeding the duckies at the pond, first "haircut", and her first stomach flu that she caught from mommy...yuck. The following post will have many pictures of these events (except for the flu, believe me, you don't want to see that! It was so sad!)
First was the zoo with Daddy, and her Uncle Mike, Aunt Brooke, and cousins Blake and Maryn. Mommy had to work that day, so Daddy got some quality time at the zoo with Montana.


Because of the beautiful weather, we've spent a lot of time outside. "Outside" is Montana's new favorite word. Every day at Grandma Petersen's house, she goes to the sliding glass door and says, "outside", and "jumpy-jump", to jump on the trampoline. So, since she loves being outside so much, we've tried to take advantage of the sunny days to go to the park.











This last Saturday, she was feeling better and getting over her flu, so we decided to take her to the pond at Elk Grove park to feed the ducks. She was fearless and loved being outside. We tried to get her to throw some bread to the ducks, but she just wanted to hold it. I had to watch her very carefully standing there holding the bread, because the ducks out there are ruthless! When they want their bread, you better get it to them. Marc couldn't tear it apart quick enough!




Then on Saturday morning, I decided it was time to cut her some little bangs. I've been trying to hold out, but they've been looking really scraggly, so I just trimmed off the tiny little pieces that hung uneven in her eyes. It's probably not that big of a change to anyone other than her mommy, but I feel like our little baby looks like a little girl now! :)




One more thing that is part of Montana's day that she really enjoys are our morning walks or runs (depending on Mommy's energy level), with my friend Rachel. I am so grateful that I can count on her in the mornings...it really makes me get my butt out of bed! Montana gets all bundled up like the Michelin tire man, and rides along in her jogger. She loves it!


Lastly are some pictures of our little munchkin that I took one day. She just is the joy of our lives and we are so happy, proud and blessed to be her parents! Don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks??? :)


8 comments:

The Schroeder Family said...

Stacy,

She is beautiful. We have to get together for a 'play date' with the kids (and our big kids too). You ding-dong...it's Michelin tire not Michelob tire...Michelob is beer! I'm going to call CPS on you! :)
~Annge

RachelBarker said...

Such great parents!! Tana is so CUTE, she's going to be a knock out and all the boys are going to chase her. hehe. But that's not for awhile. Thankfully she has uncle's that can take care of that and I'm sure Marc will step up too. :) She looks bigger in these pics. See ya tomorrow. And she is sooooo good for our walks in the morning. She's our little pal

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Cute pictures Stacy, Don't you love the running stroller, I swear I can not live without it. This last post was way cuter than the spam post. hahaha. I think we should all go to Santa Cruz, it's so beautiful there, our babies will love it, and there's that boardwalk. What days do you work?? She is so beautiful, can you believe how big they are? I just want it to stop already. Sam

Heather said...

Her bangs look very cute! It was great to see you on Sunday and chat for a few.

Petersen Family said...

Okay so we're so jealous you guys have nice enough weather to be outside! We're still trying to warm up here in Utah!! Love the haircut! So cute!! She does look more grown up with the cute bangs!

Carter Family said...

Tana Belle... you are the cutest! I love the pics of her at the park w/ the ducks... especially the one looking over the wood fence at the ducks... so cute.. you are getting to be quite the photographer! :)

Scott said...

Cute pictures!! I love it when you post pictures of Tana!! I am so jealous of your weather there. We need to move back!

Forever Young said...

Montana has the cuties smile. She just lights up a room. Miss your fam so dang much.