Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ducks are mean...

This last week while Maran was here visiting, she and I took the girls to the Elk Grove Park to feed the ducks at the pond. We brought a big zip lock bag full of broken apart bread and were ready to go. When we got there, all the ducks were already up on the lawn from other people that were just there feeding the ducks. As we threw a few pieces of bread to the ducks, they all started flocking towards us, and before we knew it, we were surrounded. Luckily both our girls were in strollers so they were contained, but we ended up chucking handfuls of bread as far as we could throw it so we could get out of the mob of ducks. I feel silly admitting this, but I actually was a little scared. I turned around to see one of those big ones with bumps on their beaks mouth opened wide, hissing at me. Ducks hiss??? Just as that was happening, Maran was telling me about ducks hissing and that her aunt had once been attacked by a duck. Then...we ran out of bread!!! We pushed our way out of the flock and walked as fast as we could to another side of the pond so we could get away. The following pictures were taken after the fiasco when we got far enough away to relax. There are no pictures of the "mob attack" because there was no time to turn your back on those things! As you can see, they still sort of followed us for a while, but it was nothing compared to earlier.




1 comments:

Scott said...

It was so good to be able to hang out with you guys! You and I could probably just sit there and talk for hours about random stuff. I love having a friend like that. I've definitely missed you over the years. Oh, and P.S., those ducks were scary as crap!