As some of you know, one of my latest hobbies is running. For the past three months or so, my friend Rachel and I have gotten up and run about 3miles most every morning. It's really become a routine for me, and my body craves it. My day is just not the same with out it anymore, and if I ever doubted the effects of endorphins before this, I am a firm believer in the effect exercising has on your mood.
So, when I heard that Race for the Cure was coming up I definitely wanted to run it for me, but also for my friend Heidi who is suffering from breast cancer. Actually, if you know Heidi, you'd never describe it as "suffering" because she does not act like it. She is the sweetest, cheeriest person, and I'm grateful for her positive outlook in my life. Anyhow, I'm priveleged that I was able to run with a sign on my back that said, "In Celebration of Heidi Wright".
Rachel and I ran it together, and it was an awesome experience. It was a 5K, so a little over three miles. I had three goals...to run the whole way, to keep up with Rachel, and to finish under 30 min. Well, we ran the whole way, and she and I booked it...we ran double time what we run in the mornings. The adrenaline rushing, and the idea of it being a race keeps your mindset going, "I'm going to just pass this one more person..." When the race first started, we couldn't really run for the first 4 min, because there were so many people ahead of us. So, when we finished the timer said 28 min, but it was more like 24 or 25 min. We were pretty proud of ourselves. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of warning for our husbands to get a picture of us crossing the finish line, but here are some other pictures from the morning.
Montana having her morning "bobby" while we waited for the race to start.
Rachel and I after the run. They gave us lots of good snacks for after the race.
Thank you to my sweet husband and baby for coming to support me.
(This was the only picture we got of the three of us, and I think Marc was finishing chewing, which is why he has that look on his face...:) And Montana had just shoved a whole donut hole in here mouth before the picture of her and I.)

5 comments:
I am so proud of you. What an accomplishment. AND how fun to have a partner in crime. Super cool. I congradulate you on a job well done. There is nothing like finishing something you start and even better when you achieve even more than what you set out to do. You are awesome.
I wish that I would have done this with you guys, but I doubt I would have been able to keep up with you guys and finish in 24 minutes. It probably would have taken me an hour. You guys are awesome!
We did kick buttox!!!! I'm so proud of us. I can't wait for another....Which i just came back from visiting teaching and they have a really fun 5K in Lodi the first week in June. We should do this one with our husbands??? what do ya think?
You go girls! Craig has been begging me to do one with him. I guess I'll have to try now.
Great job!
Post a Comment