Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I'm a little late on this post, but I couldn't pass up doing a post about Mother's Day. I am so grateful for all the amazing examples and influences I have in my life, of what motherhood truly means. I have many women that I can turn to for advice, counsel, love and direction when it comes to being a mother. I've really learned within the past 18 months what a sacred and divine calling motherhood is. It is one that sometimes goes without praise, without instant rewards or earnings like any other job does. It is one that requires all sorts of trainings and skills, but has no sort of traning program to prepare you. It is the most amazing calling I know I'll ever hold in this life, and I feel so blessed to have this privelege.
I want to thank all my family, mother-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, grandma's, aunts and dear friends for all their examples and support in this amazing calling of being woman. I celebrate your examples and spirits on a day like Mother's Day.

But especially, I want to thank my own amazing mother, Eileen, who has taught me everything I need to know about what truly being a mother means. She is not perfect, and her imperfection makes her that much more wonderful. She is the most selfless person I know, whose job has pretty much always been thankless. I can't remember ever having gone without anything that I needed. She has always been at every recital, performance and sporting event for all seven of her children. She's taught us to have faith and testimony in this true Gospel of Jesus Christ, and has shown Christ-like love in all that she does. My mom is my best friend, the one who has always been there for me, no matter what. I couldn't have asked Heavenly Father for a more amazing mother, and I am so grateful that she has taught me all that she has, because it has prepared me to understand how sacred the calling is that I now hold. Thank you, Mom, for giving up everything, so that WE could have anything. You gave us all life, by giving yours to us. I love you.

I recorded a beautiful song called "She" for the mother's in my family. It was such a fun experience and the song means a lot to me. If I can figure out how to post it, I will try.
I was able to see my mom briefly on Sunday...we postponed our Petersen Mother's Day Celebration, because the flu took over their household! :) Unfortunately because of that I was unable to see my sister Courtney and get a picture with her on mother's day. We went over to Marc's parents for dinner and we were able to take some wonderful pictures to celebrate all the women in our family.






And here are the reasons that I have the honor of celebrating this special day...my wonderful husband and sweet baby...(Montana's not big on taking pictures yet...)



Montana also loved spending time with her cousins...

6 comments:

Van Duren Family said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. You are a wonderful Mommy and friend. I love you tons.

just us said...

Your mom IS the BEST! I love her!

Scott said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Your mom was like my second mom in high school!

RachelBarker said...

Your mom is WONDERFUL! She raised a Perfect girl named...Stacy! You too are a great mom.
You fit so perfectly in the Roger family. Beautiful girls.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Happy Belated Mom's Day Stace. You are such a good mommy. Let's get together soon. Love ya

Cristi said...

Did everyone love the song!?