Thursday, October 01, 2009

First Day of Preschool

I wasn't gonna do it this year. I just love having my little girl home with me all day. BUT- she desperately needed preschool. She needed the socialization, she needed the discipline from someone else and the structure. On a particularly hormonal day, as we played in the backyard of a friend who happens to run an in home day care, I made a deal with my preschool teaching friend. If you can get her to listen to and obey me by the time we leave, I will put her in preschool!


Well, Montana, who normally would give a dramatic exit performance, came up to me at the end of the day after Miss Shauna went to tell her and the other kids playing that it was time to clean up and go, and said, "Mommy-Miss Shauna says its time to go." Then proceeded to help clean up and left without a fit.


I was impressed and held to my end of the deal, and Montana entered preschool that next day. She has LOVED it so far and it has really helped her with learning to share and play with other kids.


I do have to admit though, I miss my little girl for those three hours, two days a week.


Her first day getting ready for Little Learners Preschool:


The princess gear

.

Kisses


We love our little girl!


That week was also picture day-so we went back to take pictures. After some tears, we did get one that worked.

1 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

YEAH! I am wondering if I should put Hailey in a pre-school...