Thursday, October 01, 2009

He's gonna be a football playa...

Well folks, we're about at that time in the pregnancy, and if you haven't already heard on Facebook---we are HAVING A BOY!

Not to mention, this little man is measuring a little sooner for a due date. Two days--it's not enough for the doctors to change it in the charts, but it's enough for ME to say I'm now due March 17th.

I am lucky to have family that has family that is an ultra sound tech and she did a gender check for me this week. We were a little worried we wouldn't be able to tell, because I'm only 16 weeks--but it was very obvious, that this little one is a little boy...


You can see his two little legs stickin' up in the air-and the arrow obviously points to the fact that he is a boy.

Look at that sweet little face:
All five fingers so he can play the piano:

This little Quarterbacks football throwin' arm:
And here he is kicking and flailin' around, just as he was doing the whole ultra sound.
I did feel a fluttering last week and I'm sure in the next few weeks, I'll start to feel him even more.
I feel really great, now that the 1st trimester is over. I've been able to stay active and workout and so I feel a BIG difference from my first pregnancy, to this one. I know I mentioned one time in a post that if you all the sudden stopped seeing pictures of me on the blog, it's because I'm probably huge and not wanting anyone to see me. While I am NOT ruling that possiblity out as of yet (not HOPING for that either), I just haven't had much of a belly to take pictures of until the last week. I'll post something soon when Marc is home to take a picture.
As far as names, we originally always wanted to name a boy Peyton. However, there are a lot of little girls named Peyton as of late, and while it's an adorable name that can be unisex, I think we'll just move on from it for now. Our two other options that we had were Carson and Eli.
He feels like a Carson at this point. And Montana cried when we tried to suggest anything else after we said Carson.
We are so excited to have this little addition join our family!






AND I'M FINALLY UP TO DATE ON BLOGGING! Now, I'm going to go check out all that I've missed on YOUR blogs!

6 comments:

just us said...

Stacy! Thats so wonderful. Congrats!!!

MissManda-Mae said...

A boy! A boy! A boy!!! OH BOY!!! we love boys at our house!! I am very excited for your growing family! peyton and eli...hmmmm a quarterback theme??? haha I LOVE IT!! congrats all around!! =)

and i worked out a TON with my 2nd and it was by FAR the best pregnancy, labor and recovery.... so keep up the good work!

Melody said...

Congratulations! You will love having a boy, they are so fun! We will be having boys only two months apart!

Bird is the Word said...

yeah! We are happy for you! I like Carson! That is ADORABLE! ~ Glad the second time around is easier! YOu are SUCH an adorable mommy! ~ LOVE YA~

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

HOORAY for boy parts. We can't wait. I can only think of all the family vacations we'll go on with Marc and Eric playing golf, and Kamryn and Montana painting our sons nails, and you and I shopping. This is the best news. Congratulations, you're going to love your little man.

Van Komen's said...

Stacy!
I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see what name you come up with too! :)