Okay, so I'm a little embarrased to tell this story, but it'll definitely make for a good blog! (And even though I hate to say it, probably a few laughs.) So, Sunday evening we stopped by my parents house to drop some stuff off, and Marc of course, wanted to ride David's motorcycle. So, we stopped there for a little bit, and before we left, my brothers pulled out their little pocket bike. It's like a mini real motorcycle...that looks like a clown bike. So everyone started riding it, and its so funny! Here's a video of Marc riding it. BEWARE, the bike is SUPER loud, so you may want to turn your volume down a smidge.
So yeah, totally all fun and games! My brother David rode all around on it...my 14 year old sister even rode around on it. All the while everyone's telling me I should try it. They are telling me how much better the bike will fit me since I'm shorter. So in a split second decision, I decide I'll jump on it and ride it a few yards...just to see how it works. I hop on it, barely listening to the "this is the gas...this is the brake" discussion...and I get going, until I'm in front of the neighbors house, barely having a moment to remotely enjoy this "fun" experience...the bike and I are shaking like crazy, and I'm veering to the curb. Apparently everyone was yelling at me, instructions on what to do, and what I was doing wrong, but if you watched the above video, you can tell, that you can't hear a thing when that motor is running. Apparently, I had my legs wrong on the bike, I had my knees inside my arms, kind of like my arms wrapped around my legs, wheras you are supposed to ride with your knees out to the side, so you can put your feet down and catch yourself to stop. So, there was one of my problems, and another small error on my part...I confused the gas and the brake. Minor detail. haha...so...all the sudden, I'm falling off the bike, but my stupid left hand won't listen to me, and I was holding the handle bar still as its dragging me to the asphault. Finally, I let go, and am in a stage of shock that I just did something that stupid. As I sobbed from shock in the bathroom, and as I sat over the tub with my mom rinsing my legs off, I definitely had a humbling, "I can't act like a 12 year old", moment. Took me back to the days of falling off my bike, and my mom rinsing my wounds in the tub. (Thanks Mom! Love you!) Now with banged up knees, bruises on my arms, hips, sides, and a rock gauge in my hand, I'm for sure regretful of my lapse of good judgment. Not to mention, I never realized how many times a day I kneel down...praying, changing diapers, bathing the baby, cleaning things up, getting in and out of my bed. It for sure has made me weary of my running, which is a major bummer. I'm going to try that one in the morning and see how I do.
Below are some pictures of the damage...and some "emotion shots" Marc got of me as I bandaged my wounds. Did I mention I was wearing shorts??? My outfit got a little roughed up...ripped some holes in my nice shorts.



This last one is of my knee today. It's definitely bubbled up and bruised some more. There's a big knot on the side of my knee that wasn't there yesterday.

Guess I won't be as excited for the warm weather as I thought...not so cute to put some heels and a skirt when you've got a shiner like this two feet up. :) I also REALLY learned my lesson on keeping the Sabbath Day Holy! Definitely not a Sunday activity! As my friend Rachel mentioned in a recent post on her blog, I will second that I guess sometimes we just can't do what the boys (or our very athletic younger sister) can do. Lesson learned.
11 comments:
owwww! Not fair! That sounds like something I would do! That bike is hilarious though. Totally a clown bike... he he.
Ok, so i don't want you to feel bad, but i was smiling the whole time i was reading. but i'm sorry you got so hurt.
I think I posted this on Rachel's blog too, or thought it anyways. As we get older and our bodies change a, well a "little" our minds still think that our bodies can do these crazy things, when really they can't.
Good for you for trying though. I would never have the guts to get on that thing. That's scary!! Yikes!!
Meg
Oh man, you really banged yourself up girlie. It totally sounds like something I would do. I am so not athletic or coordinated at all!! I hope you start feeling better!
Just have that beautiful baby girl give you kisses to make it all better.
I'm sorry that you got hurt:( It was nice talking to you yesterday! I miss you! It's funny that Montana got her first black eye this week because Hannah also got her first black eye this week. So sad.
Ouch! I was there a week ago, not fun! You are such a trooper for getting up and running today! I guess we both have learned but how come I don't think this will stop us for another time. :)
Ouch!! Hopefully you get a good bruise out of it for all the pain.
Hey Stacy, thanks for your comment on my photography blog. I'd love to do your pictures. Saturdays work well for me. Maybe a Sat. in May (not the 10th). My email- davencathi(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. Thanks!
Stace, Time for an update. Love ya
yikes! That looked totally painful! I hope you are doing better.
Love ya.......jess
Post a Comment