Last night we went to Raley's to pick up a few items that we needed before Sunday. It was seven o clock and nearing Montana's bed time and therefore, cooperating with us in the store was last on her list of things to do.
We resorted to letting her sit in the big section of the cart which lasted a quarter of the quick shopping ride, while the rest of the trip was spent chasing her up and down the ailes, apologizing to all the people we collided with along the way. We passed the cards section where an end cap held all the stickers. Montana stopped and grabbed a pack in each hand. One Ariel the Mermaid and one Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
After trying to reason with her for a few minutes that she could just have one and needed to put the other one back, we proceeded to check out with two packs of stickers and a satisifed (for now) two year old.
As I was loading her into her carseat, I said to her, "Montana, you are spoiled. Are you spoiled?" And she replied, "I not spoiled. I 'ferfect' (perfect)."
Gotta love a girl with confidence and self worth!
In addition to her whit, she is also proving to be a talented little actor. She has now entered the "pretending she's a puppy stage". Honestly, I thought this cute, yet midly annoying, stage was YEARS away. Like at least age 4 or 5.
Lately, instead of words, at times she's shreiking little barks, as if I know what she wants. She's also had this obsession lately with sticking out her tounge and licking things. For example, the other night she was sitting with Marc and she leaned over and licked his cheek from bottom to top...just like a dog. Today, I finally put the whole "pretending she's a puppy" thing together when she started crawling around on all fours.
I can handle the crawling, the little barking and occasionally the tounge thing--as long as the surface is germ free...but once she starts insisting to drink her water out of a bowl, that is where I draw the line.
Anaconda?
1 year ago

9 comments:
She is a "ferfect" little Montana Belle! Too cute!
I think I laughed through this whole thing. The simplest task can be so exhausting. The checkout ladies must think im crazy. By the time I get there my little angel face has a partially eaten apple, lunchable, maybe a bag of pretzels, a juice, and the pack of gum from the checkout line. ANYTHING to stay sane through the shopping trip. All of which has to be put in her own personal bag given right back to her. Spoiled, naaahhh. :)Oh and did I mention always needing to go to the potty 1/4 of the way through. If it werent for lists, im not sure if we would ever have complete meals.
The puppy phase is the cutest thing I have ever heard! The more attention she gets from it the longer its going to last. hehe :) Just make sure your faces are clean!
oh what fun that stage of life is! LOL! It's a good thing she's so cute huh?!
of course she is "ferfect"...she is a Rogers!!! love you guys!
Hey Stace,
I was just wondering if I could get your address.'my email is: corilynn6@gmail.com
You guys have the best grocery shopping stories. Love them. She is adorable. I need your address again text me pleease. Love you.
Ok when is good for you guys. You can come here or we can meet somewhere or we'll go to you. Love you.
LOVE HER! ~ Hailey and her would have SO much fun playing puppies together! ~
i love it!! She is so dang cute!
Post a Comment