Take a deep breath. Awww...do you smell it? The eve of a clean, fresh, brand, spankin' new year???
This post may be a little premature, considering its not quite the new year, but since my husband has tomorrow off, I won't be blogging. One of my new resolutions- less blogging during family time. Sad, yet true, that I need rules and resolutions about blogging. Say it with me...ADDICT. And I'm actually breaking the rule right now, as Montana is playing in her toy room, but hey...it's still 2008, right? haha!
I think the above statement is the exact reason why "resolution-haters" hate resolutions, because the idea is somewhat stupid. Like, why wait for tomorrow? To quote Heba from my favorite show The Biggest Loser, "TODAY IS TOMORROW!"
So, while I tend to agree somewhat with said "resolution haters", I still think there is something refreshing about a new year, and if its a time where we can recommit and focus ourselves to become better people, where is the harm in that?
With that said, another one of my resolutions is to seek out and emulate positivity. This is something I have been really trying to work on for the past few months and it has changed my life. Never underestimate the power of seeing the bright side of things. It really does "lighten" the load...pun intended.
Obviously there are a lot of resolutions that are personal...a lot of them have to do with spirituality and recommitting myself to habits that enhance that spirituality. Scriptures, prayer, temple attendance...all the above. I want to be better at it all! And that's all I will say about that.
There is a reason gyms revenues sky rocket January 2009 and the wait for a treadmill on Jan 1st is approximately 1 hour 36 min (totally made that up) . We all want to look better and feel better. Exercise is the best way for that. This year I have turned over a new leaf for myself with exercise. I have a little more faith in myself sticking to a regimen and I am proud of how far I've come. I haven't felt this good in a long time and I owe that to my progress in 2008 (and my running shoes). So, my 2009 goal isn't so much to get in better shape, because, I know it can't happen. Not because I'm in the best shape ever, ('cuz I'm not), but because this year I am pretty sure, if all goes as planned, I'll be pregnant soon. My mind reels at the thought of all my hard work going down the drain, so I'm not going to let it. My 2009 goal is to stay focused on first and foremost, the baby's health and then my health and fitness while pregnant. But, if after I announce a pregnancy, you see less and less pictures of me on this blog, you'll know I'm failing at this attempt. Haha.
Next goal...(not really a resolution)...get pregnant this year. 'Nuff said.
Now a few words from our lil' sweet cheeks...
Some parenting goals:
*Potty train
*Be a little more strict (just a little. She's too cute to tell her "no" ALL the time!)
*Be more dilligent about a bed time routine to get her wound down. Right now, she thinks that bedtime routine is, do whatever I want and freak out when its time for bed. Not really workin' for us.
*More and more hugs and kisses. You can never get or give enough of those.
Now, many, many other things come to mind that I could be better at...but, I don't want to overwhelm myself with my weaknesses, so I will leave it at that...just a few things that I hope to become better at that will help me draw closer to my family and my Heavenly Father. 2008 was an AMAZINGLY BLESSED year and I owe it all to the joy the Gospel brings to my life. Come what may, 2009...because I know the Lord is on our side.
Anaconda?
1 year ago

4 comments:
I loved Heba on the Biggest Loser, too!
Sounds like you have a great plan for 2009! I love setting new years resolutions! That's partly a result of my love of making lists but none the less I love the fresh start of a new year and new goals!
Sounds like an awesome plan! Yay to getting pregnant!!! Montana is going to be such a good big sister. Im excited to here the announcement for the anticipated pregnancy! :)
Happy new Year Stace. Wish we could have partied together. Lets go shopping next weekend. The 17th, we'll go out to lunch. Love you.
Post a Comment