Tuesday, December 02, 2008

This Week In Review

I made my first turkey. It was for the homeless. Luckily, they didn't have to have "blackened" style for their meal. :)














We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with our families. We had dinner at Marc's parents...it was DIVINE! Here is Montana with her Mams and Pompy.















And with Great Grandma














And with Aunt Meg














Then we headed over to my side for dessert. Yummy yummy!

Me and Whit















Montana playing Wii (Well, its a McDonald's toy Wii my mom has for her so she feels like she's playing! )

















Marc and I














The happy and FULL, family.















Friday morning we met my friend Maran and her family for breakfast. They were in town for Thanksgiving and a wedding...hence the curlers in little "Flower Girl Hannah's" hair. I did get a pic of Maran and I, but promised her I wouldn't post it. She's too funny...I guess being that gorgeous is unfair, and therefore she didn't want me to make ya'll jealous of her. :) Love ya, Maran. It was so good to see you guys, and I miss you.















We then spent the day spending money...we finished Montana's Christmas shopping, and bought ourselves a rug and couch. Pictures to come soon---once we finish with our current project of stripping, sanding and refinishing our dining set.

Saturday morning, we decided to splurge for doughnuts. Marc took Miss Bedhead to Bel-Air in her PJ's. They were in line to buy the doughtnuts...Montana holding her own sprinkle doughnut in a bag, and a woman in line says to her, "Oooh, yummy breakfast. Not nutritious, but definitely yummy." Surprisingly, Marc was pretty much able to hold his tounge, aside from a slightly sarcastic, "Thanks". I may not have been so kind...I may have said something like this....

"I'm glad there are people out there watching out for my daughter. If not for them, I may never know how to raise my own child. Thank you, overly nosy lady in the grocery store line, for reminding me that Saturday mornings and Holiday weekends are the perfect time to treat your kids and give them special outings with their Daddy's to let them know that life should be enjoyed. And a sprinkle doughnut is the perfect way to do so...." Yeah...good thing I stayed home waiting for my maple bar to be delivered.








Then Saturday night, we enjoyed some bowling with the Rogers side at the new Strikes bowling alley in Elk Grove, to celebrate Mitchell's birthday. Some pics from the night...






















































It is now time for me to go off and do some more sanding and paint/epoxy stripping. I have a feeling that this will be the story of my life for the next few weeks.

8 comments:

Bacchus Family said...

I never noticed that Montana's smile is totally from Marc's family. Hurray for maple bars, my favorite. I would have donuts every Saturday if there was a donut shop nearby and I had extra money just lying around.

Dave and Courtney said...

I love the holidays...it makes for great weeks!! Wish we could of spent more time together on Thanksgiving! :)

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Happy Thanksgiving Stace, I know it's a little late but let's get together and celebrate the holidays.

Brenner Family said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)
You are such a busy girl these days! Can I send you a couple dressers to sand and stain for me? Thats my next project, let me know if you have tips/shortcuts.
Yay for the new couch! I love new furniture. Hate spending the money but enjoy reaping the benefits of the purchase. :)
Shame on people that dont have filters and think every child needs 14 mothers! There definitley is a reason you stayed home that day. ;)

Carter Family said...

I love all of the pics! It was a fun weekend... glad to spend some of it with you guys! By the way... donuts on Saturday are a great treat, every once in a while! Hooray for donuts! :)

Maran said...

Ok- you have to know that the reason I didn't want you to post that picture is because I wasn't ready for the day. I like that picture of Hannah and Montana. It's really cute! I'm glad that we got to see you guys!

RachelBarker said...

Gosh, I feel like I haven't seen any blogs lately. Been a little occupied. :) Cute pics. Looks like Thanksgiving was tons of fun with the fams.

Bird is the Word said...

I have those MOMMY moments ALL THE TIME! I love when old ladies let me know that the reason Hailey is acting out is because she needs a nap. I am learning to shut my mouth now to these ANNOYING people because I would hate to teach Hailey sarcastic humor too early in life! HAHA! Love it! I think I will have Matt take Hailey out for a donut breakfast tomorrow! ~