Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't Care How, I Want It NOW!

The other day Montana and I were strolling through Costco, checkin' out the discount digs and massive jars of mayonnaise, and I walked past one of the most beautiful things I'd seen in my life. I did a double take and checked it out, up and down. Then, I just had to pick it up.


I snapped a few pics of my little girl with this baby, and caught every split second moment and emotion of a busy two year old, and I was in heaven. Oh sure, my small Sony is perfect for Disneyland trips and throwing in my purse for fun, but this...this is not just pictures. This is photography. This is art. With my digital camera, by the time I hit the button Montana's said "Cheese" about five times and has moved on. No, I want this. I NEED this Nikon.
But...it's $1399.95 Oh wait, sorry- at Costco its $1299.95. Thank goodness for Costco-yet, somehow still not enough of a discount to make it a thoughtless purchase. It's definitely on the wish list- but I had a Veruca Salt moment (from Willy Wonka) where I just almost bought it and thought "I don't care how...I want it now!"
I did refrain from the splurge, but came home and gave Marc the puppy dog eyes. Maybe one day. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?


4 comments:

Maran said...

Yeah, we have the D40, which isn't as nice as the D200, but we love it! I will never go back to a small, slow camera again. I love my Nikon!!! Do it! Do it!

Brenner Family said...

I agree! LOVE IT! I have the Canon film version. Its nice but I NEED DIGITAL! I think you should do it. Or make it a goal to have it in a few months, a few hundred this month, next month and so on. You can do it! No big deal ;)

The Schroeder Family said...

I have the D40 too. Got it for Mommy's Day last year. I LOVE it!

James said...

The D200 is a really nice camera, but when I was looking around for my camera, I was deciding between the D80 and the D200. There are only a few features that the D80 is missing from the D200, and I still haven't messed with all of the features yet. I love it, especially since I got it for a little under a grand with 2 lenses, 2 carrying cases (hard case and soft case), lens cleaning kit, and tripod.