Tuesday, February 17, 2009

...life...

I look all around…and all around there are good things happening. GREAT things happening…to me, to those I love…it’s wonderful.

In that same glance, though, I see horrible things happening. Trials, adversity, sadness…to me, to those I love…it’s heartbreaking.

At any given moment in time, we can look around and view the trials and blessings of life and we are given the opportunity to choose. Choose to see the Lords hand in all things.

Our heartbreak at the moment: I had a miscarriage. I, sadly, join the club of many of my dear family and friends who have experienced this and now I truly understand, no matter how you slice it, it really, really sucks. BUT…I have so many ways to look at this and even though I squint through swollen eyes, I recognize the Lord’s hand. His timing is impeccable…because He knows all, He see’s all.


“The first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith means trust—trust in God's will, trust in His way of doing things, and trust in His timetable." ~Dallin H. Oaks

And after we accept His will in our trials, we can choose how they will affect us. This trial of ours is truly small, in my own comparison, to things I know others are going through. I can’t imagine enduring some of the things that others have had dealt in their deck, but I find comfort in the words of our Prophet, who reminds us why these trials come about:

“Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order to be tested, we must sometimes face challenges and difficulties. At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel’s end—no dawn to break the night’s darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea “Is there no balm in Gilead?” We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.” ~Thomas S. Monson

Experiencing this hiccup in our lives, family plans and feelings has taught me something very important about acceptance of the opportunity to learn, actually learning from it and recognizing the immense blessings in our lives. Instead of pitying our VERY COMMON situation, I have truly felt for those who have dealt with and continue to deal with super challenging trials. Things, as I mentioned before, that I can’t even fathom experiencing.

We live in a time and economy where pretty much the only thing we can be certain of is uncertainty. I am grateful for a testimony that gives me a firm foundation to stand on and a sure knowledge that throughout trial, we can be blessed through our faith.

13 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Oh Stacy, I am seriously so sorry. I really feel your pain. Honestly, I do. I can't believe I'm saying this--but Sky and I had a miscarriage about three weeks ago. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It stinks, but I have finally come to peace with it. I know that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us--even better than we do, and I have honestly found so much comfort in that fact. My thoughts are definitely with you. Everything will work out for the best. Let me know if I can do anything to help!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Stacy my heart was breaking for you yesterday. You're in our thoughts and prayers. I wish there were someway I could help you. Love you.

Unknown said...

Stacy- I am so sorry for your families loss. I know that you will pull through! Youi're in my thoughts

Brenner Family said...

Oh Stacy....I am so sorry. I dont even know what to say. You are definitley in my thoughts. Please call me if you need anything. I would really like to get together. Keep your head up honey.

Rachel said...

Stacy- I'm so sorry. Words can not express how sad I am for you and your family. Although it is something that has become common among many of my family and friends {I have had two- the first time I was 18 weeks along} it's still very hard to go through. I'm so sorry that you're having to endure this. I hope that you recover quickly both body and spirit.

Bird is the Word said...

I love that you are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel... My first instinct when Matt lost his job was to cry in the corner, luckily we went to the lord and asked what we needed to do... I was not happy with the response that we would be moving from our family and support group, but here I am in Fresno knowing this is where I need to be. It is a true testiment of my faith that we know who we need to turn to. You are in my prayers, Thank You for reminding us where we need to be. I know you will find comfort as well turning to our Father in Heaven. I love you very much, please let us know what we can do to help...

Sara Marie said...

I love you! You are an amazing woman, friend and mostly, daughter of God. I admire your example of strength in every situation.

Maran said...

Stacy- You are in my prayers. I love you.

Rogers Roundup said...

marc, stacy, and tana
we are so sorry for your loss. we know you were so excited. if there is anything you need let us know.

Anonymous said...

i am truly sorry for what you have to go through. it's not a walk in the park. but you have just the right outlook on it. what a strong women you are

Scot and Jenny said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

erin said...

Stacy, thanks for you note...i am sorry for what you are going through, you sure are a trooper! (with the roadshow and all!) You are doing great by the way! Can't wait to see the fineshed product, it's going to be fantastic!

Fairchild Family said...

I love you Stacy and Marc! Your faith and testimony are an example to me! I am always here for you!