I have woken up to snow before. Many, many times, and very begrudingly. But that was in Rexburg, Idaho. Very expected.
Friday morning, my girlfriend around the corner text me early in the morning, "It's Snowing!" I popped out of bed, looked out the blinds and low and behold, there was snow on the house tops!
Montana was already up...we were watching Cinderella. I showed her the snow outside and she said she wanted to go see it. It wasn't quite enough to play with so we just pictures.
We probably looked like the lamest Californians ever...getting excited about light snowfall in February. And I know many of my Utah and Idaho friends (and all you others in snowy places) are totally laughing at my excitement but it was pretty cool. I grew up in Sacramento and that had never happened before...what a difference the elevation move up to El Dorado Hills makes.
Elevation makes SO much of a difference that, down the hill about two miles at my sisters house, they didn't see an ounce of snow. And up the hill about two miles from our house, people in our ward got enough snow that Saturday it was still on the playgrounds.
It stopped and melted after about two hours and probably won't happen again this year. But hey, I woke up to SNOW in Sacramento and that was exciting for me. It obviously doesn't take much to excite me these days.

0 comments:
Post a Comment