
...and I am not ashamed.
Apparently "Twi-hard" was the fan picked names for those of us who are "die-hard" fans of the "Twilight" series. Get it..."Twi-hard"? Anyway, I am one, truly. And I say it with all the confidence in the world. I know there are some out there that view this as a silly girlish obsession, with a ficticious focus. Vampires.
I remember when my sister in law first started reading the books and telling me about them, I couldn't get passed the whole "VAMPIRE" thing. I totally laughed at her...sorry, Mar. I however, ate my words a few days letter when she loaned me the books and I delved into this amazing world of "Twilight".
I then was laughed at by many--and many ate their words after taking my advice to finally read the books. I have yet to talk to one person, no matter their reluctance to read from the beginning, who did not like or has regretted reading any of them. And so this is why I say with such confidence that I love the whole phenomenon that is "Twilight". It's a world of fantasy that takes me away and lets me live in it for a while.
What happens when you want to stay forever? Seriously, I told Marc the other day (after seeing the movie for the second time) that I kind of feel love-sick for something I can't have. Yes, yes...a huge part of that is Edward Cullen. I must say I do have a vampiric crush on him. But really, I just am love-sick for more and more "Twilight". I'm grateful for the "mental vacation" the Twilight series has given me and for the experience to forget all of my responsibilities, my age, my maturity, everything...and be a part of their world. If only for moments at a time. Because we all need something like that every once in a while--no matter how old we are.
So, with that...I will share some of the "fruits" of my obsession. I changed my playlist for my blog to all Twilight soundtrack songs. Unfortunately some of them are not on playlist.com yet. I highly recommend buying the soundtrack- I love it.
I already really liked the band Paramore before, but they have two songs on the soundtrack which I also love. The below link will take you to the video for "Decode", written especially for Twilight. It's amazing. Her voice pierces my soul...she rocks.
So, in order to go see the movie, which came out last Friday, my sister and I swapped babysitting. She went with her husband to the midnight showing Thursday night, and then the next night I went with Marc and we were joined by my two younger brothers and their sweethearts and my sister Whitney. It was lots of fun...aside from all the crazies at the theater. Here are some pics:
Logan and Sam

Ashley and Whitney

David is silly

Me and my Edward...Marc has spiky hair like Edward, and I have long brown hair like Bella. And that's about it. But we can still be each others Bella and Edward. He's such a trooper for going with me...thanks babe. And he's actually going to read the books with me now.

Me and Whitney Jane
Seriously, all us Petersen kids are a bunch of nerds...

The girls (we missed you Courtney...thanks for watching Montana!)
David and Ashely

Geeks...
Courtney and I have been talking about going out, just the two of us, for a while. It seems every time we are around each other, we are with our kids and have a hard time carrying on a real, uninterrupted conversation. We needed some "sista-time". So, Monday night, after the kiddos went down to bed...she and I went to see a late showing. Again. And I could see it again and again. The movie isn't the book--movies made based upon books never are. I just enjoyed it for what it was...went in wanting to love it, and did. I can't wait for the next three movies!

I LOVE TWILIGHT---AND I'M PROUD OF IT!
8 comments:
um, amen to everything you just said. Oh, my. I love it all. I just got back from the movie for the 2nd time. Even better, and I'm going again on Sat. with my mom and sis. I'm obsessed too, and I'm not ashamed. If I lived there, we would totally go see it together. I heart Edward. he he.
ps. Craig read the books a while back and actually liked them, I bet Mark will too.
Yes... me too! A "twi-hard" through and through! :) It definately is a fun fantasy world to escape the troubles of the world. I liked the movie, too. Not like the book... but I wasn't expecting it to have the detail of the book.
I love this post!!! I'm glad you saw the movie two times...I know I want to. That is awesome that Marc will read the books with you. If you want to see the movie a third time you just let me know. :)
YEAH! I just went and saw it with my sisters and mom! LOVED IT! ~
Who isn't.
I went to see it opening night with my Eric.
Then I went with my sisters this last week. Great movie. Did you see the author in the movie. I loved the movie. And Edward is DIVINE.
Yes, I'm a "Twi-hard" myself. The movie was actually better than I expected it to be. I don't understand how anyone could hate it. I'm so glad that I got to see you!!! I miss you!!
I am a total "twi-hard" as well and I am proud of it! I went and saw it on Friday with my sister in laws and our spouses and LOVED IT! Fantastic! I am pretty tempted to go see it again...
DITTO!!! I'm a Twi-Hard!!
Post a Comment