Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Belated Post

This happened over a week ago, but I'm just getting around to posting our celebration for my twin sisters, Tiffany and Nicole's 12th birthday, and my brother Logan's girlfriend, Sam's, 19th birthday.

As is new "Petersen tradition" we went to John's Incredible Pizza Company in Roseville.
Hey, it beats Home Town Buffet, where Tiffany and Nicole would ALWAYS choose to eat on their birthday. Bleh. Pretty soon though, Elk Grove will have something very fun and exciting to do for families. Elk Grove Sports Complex!

Even though I don't live in Elk Grove anymore, I'm especially excited about this place...mainly because Marc's sister and her husband are opening up a portion of this sports complex called Dream Xtreme...(from the article):
"-- Dream Xtreme, a locally owned extreme sports complex with a $1 million wave-making machine for surfing and body surfing; rock-climbing walls; trampolines the size of a basketball court, with 45-degree trampolines on the outside for bouncing off the walls; and paintball outside in at least one 50-foot-by-100-foot tent. Shane Carter of Elk Grove, head of a group of eight local investors, also hopes to open the complex by Thanksgiving."
K, I know that was random...but I had to put a plug in...because well, they are family, and HELLO it looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! (I know they have a website. I will find out and post it when it opens.)

Anyway, so we headed up to Roseville for some pizza and games. It's always a party with the Petersen's...lots o' people and lots o' fun.

After eating, the girls all opened gifts.
Here's Nicole with her Zac Efron card. I tried to get her to kiss it for the camera. She said, "No, I don't even like him!"...in true, 12 year old girl denial fashion!

Tiff got a High School Musical card too...

When you are twins, I think you are destined to get the same gifts for life. Maybe not exactly the same, but similar or different colors, etc. I think they are just glad that my mom doesn't dress them exactly the same anymore.
They got clothes...



(I love that Montana and Andalyn are "hug-wrestling" in the bottom left hand corner of the above picture)

They also got some Web-kins pets. And then Mom and Dad pulled out the big guns with their new MP3 players.


I can't believe these two girls are 12!!! It makes me feel very old! I can still remember the first day we went to see them at Denise's house. I can remember very vividly the day they were officially adopted and also the day they were sealed to my parents in the temple. These girls are an irreplaceable, special part of our lives. Forever and eternally my sisters...and "the babies!" I love you, both!!!

Let us not forget a very special birthday girl...Sam! She opened all her gifts as well, but my favorite was Mom's "gift card" to Tilly's.

Apparently the machine was broken when she got there to buy a gift card. Hand it to my mom to be super creative! Gotta love her.


The boys were completely engrossed in the football game on the big screen.


Andalyn and Montana could hardly stand waiting to go in and play some games. Finally, it was GAME TIME!
Montana and Daddy rode the train. And then Montana and Mommy rode the train. She loved it. She even was willing to put her arms up!


Aside from watching Montana (and Marc) play to their little hearts desires, my favorite part was the bumper cars with all of us "big kids!"

Montana likes to play the skee ball. If only she would learn to roll the ball instead of throw it over hand right into the barricading plastic wall.

Montana and Grandma, with Uncle David in the back proud of all the tickets he'd won.

Andalyn and Montana had lots of fun on the merry-go-round. Montana's favorite!


The kids place is a nice place for the little ones to just play, away from all the craziness. Too bad Montana also finds ways to bonk her head in their too. Trying to climb UP the slide, she toppled over backwards from the top of the slide. She's a dare-devil. Aside from a little scare, she was fine.
Then we sang a birthday tune and ate some cake! I realized from this situation, that my little brother thats 22 and "all grown up" will always be a pyro. He was as a kid, and still is now. He could not stop playing with the lighter.
Happy Birthday Nicole, Tiffany and Sam!!! We love you all!!!

3 comments:

RachelBarker said...

Love how Tiff and Nicole love Zac Effron or HSM. What girl doesn't at their age? Second, love Montanas outfit. haha. How do the pants fit? Looks like fun. I still haven't gotten to that place but keep hearing how great it is. Good times with the fam.

Maran said...

Happy birthday to Nicole and Tiffany!! I can't believe how old they are. Gees, it seems like just yesterday they were Hannah's age. They don't need to be ashamed of liking Zac Effron...he's hot! Well, obviously I'm not really attracted to him because I'm old and married, but I can tell when a young guy is good looking;)

Carter Family said...

Happy Birthday Tiff and Nicole! Wow... I can't believe they are twelve, also? Looks like you guys had a really fun night! (By the way.... thanks for the plug for DreamXtreme. Our website is DreamXtremeinc.com We are probably not going to be able to open until Jan now... but, we are really excited with the project... the Flowrider was tested out today... and is working great!