Sunday, November 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Angel.

My Dear Montana Belle,
You are two today. I can't even wrap my mind around that idea and as I sit compiling pictures of you for this post, and I'm amazed at how quickly the time has flown. I know all Mommy's say it, but it's the truth.

I remember so vividly holding you for the first time. You didn't cry much in the beginning. There was a woman in the room with us on the other side of the curtain, and her baby cried incessantly. You didn't even stir. I held you all night long for two nights in the hospital. We brought you home and I'd sleep with one hand on your bassinet next to our bed. I couldn't stand to be away from you and still, I can't.
The past two years have been an adventure. You've turned mine and Daddy's lives upside down. You have us wrapped around that "teeny tiny Tana" pinkie, of yours, and boy do you know it. Our world would be lost without your spunky little personality in it.

Definitely, you are one smart cookie. I'm amazed every day at your vocal skills and abilities with talking and singing. You are like a monkey on the playground and show very promising athletic talent, which Daddy is thrilled for. You are SO smart, that you hit the so called, "Terrible Two Tantrums" before you even got to your second birthday. You over-achiever you! :) Mommy was just sitting in church today, while Daddy was out with you in the foyer, thinking of all the new "two year old resolves" she's making, so that I can mold you into the wonderful daughter of God that you are. Yes, yes, you will always be a spoiled princess, don't you worry about that. But, teach you, we must, and we will. I apologize for giving you time outs on your birthday, sweetheart, but Mommy's and Daddy's have to teach with loving discipline at times so that you can fulfill your greatest potential. (And so that Mommy and Daddy don't go insane!)

You are my pride and joy. My greatest achievement. You hold your Mommy and Daddy's hearts on a string and we love you more than words could ever express. You will always be, our "pumpkin buns", no matter how old you get. Here is to another year of great achievements. We are so blessed to have you and your sweet spirit in our home. We feel so honored and blessed to be your parents. You'll always be our baby.

We love you forever,
Mommy and Daddy
Here are some of our favorite pictures of our sweetheart over the course of her life thus far, in no particular order:








WE LOVE YOU PRINCESS!!! HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!!

11 comments:

RachelBarker said...

It will be so fun for her to read this. Beautiful

Carter Family said...

Happy Birthday Tana Belle! We love you lots! Thanks for sharing your party with us yesterday! So many people love you! :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Montana!

just us said...

Happy Birthday Montana!

Maran said...

Happy Birthday Montana! You are CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!

The Schroeder Family said...

Tana Belle, we wish we were able to be at your party, but your future husband was sick! :(

Happy 2nd Birthday, Tana Belle!

Giles Fam said...

Oh how sweet!! Happy B-day, Montana!

Bird is the Word said...

It is so hard to put those types of things into words, but Stacy you can do anything! Children are SUCH a blessing! They make life worth living! Happy Birthday Montana!! YEAH! ~ The Birds

The Petersen 5 said...

Awwww! It goes by so fast. I can't believe she's 2 already. Happy Birthday Montana!!!

Drennan Crew said...

Montana is so cute! I don't think I have met her yet and I look forward to when I do meet her. I am going to come home in January so we should get all the cousins and kids together for a play date. I hope you are doing well. Miss you guys!

Dave and Courtney said...

We love you montana!! Thank you for letting us share your birthday with you!