*Cleaning up the same mess three times in a row.
*Folding laundry I swore I just did yesterday.
*A park day that ends in two children jumping in a massive mud-puddle. One with brand new, first time worn that day, white tennis shoes.
*Beginning potty training Montana on the same day that she starts to have diarrhea.
Last night, after putting Montana down, I was exercising on the elliptical and watching the CMA awards. My hard working hubby was down stairs studying for continuing ed, licenses and designations. I was reflecting about the week I had been having. All the above, and more happened. I had eaten nearly half a bag of chocolate chips on my own (I had REALLY been craving chocolate chip cookies, but swore to myself I wasn't going to give into the temptation and make them. What did it matter when I ate their weight in chocolate chips alone??) It was life. I had gone through my poor me moments, but for the most part, I just was tired. Not upset. Not frustrated. Just tired. I kind of had thought in my head:
Won't it be so nice when Montana is potty trained?
Won't it be so nice when Marc doesn't have to study?
Won't it be so nice when we can buy this and this and this on our list of things we need/want?
Won't it be SO nice when all of the CRAP going on in the world, especially surrounding the aftermath of the elections, just goes away?
Okay, maybe I was a little more than tired. It's one thing when things at home are tiresome and difficult. But it makes it even more disheartening when you see the sign of the times every time you open up an Internet browser or turn on the news. Every day when you see people persecuted for their beliefs. Every day when you see that EVERYONE is hurting, yet, instead of respecting one another and our individual beliefs...more hurt is being spread around. I was in a mini (excuse me, men) PMS-y depressive state.
The exercise was beginning to help. Endorphins. My little prayer with Montana before bed also gave me enough of the Spirit to help me to realize that the beliefs we hold so dear are all that we need to keep going, no matter the persecution.
Slowly, my mood was lifting. The country music was helping. I enjoy the CMA awards more than any other, because for the most part its wholesome and clean. The songs make you feel. And one song in particular, although I had heard it before, gave me a significant boost.
This song is Trace Adkins, "You're Gonna Miss This". If you haven't heard it, I suggest going to youtube watching the video or downloading it. The verses were all different stages of life and how this woman kept wanting something more--looking at the future for all of her happiness. The part that touched me the most was the advice she got throughout the song via the chorus...
Anaconda?
1 year ago

12 comments:
I really appreciated this post. You have no idea. I miss you guys when are you free?
I am seriously holding back the tears. You are so inspiring and I love being able to read your thoughts and feelings and find that I am feeling the same way. This is just what I needed to hear!
Great post Stace!! Sometimes we need a little bit of help to remember to enjoy the now rather than looking forwrd to tomorrow. I LOVE that Trace Akins song. Its funny cause a couple months ago I had CMT video count down on while I was picking up after Ryder and the huge mess he was making of his spaghetti. Then that music video came on. I paused to watch it, it softened my heart, I looked over at Ryder to see him covered in speghetti, but loving every second of it, and I started to cry. I realized, like you, that I am going to miss it. Thanks for a reminder of that with this post! I love you!!!
p.s. Thanks for all you do for me and Ryder!!!! You will never know how much I appriciate you!
I love that song. I make Bre listen to the words all the time bc i don't want her to rush her life. Kids tend to want to be "older" than they are.
I do have to remind myself of that EVERYDAY too! I'm already sad that my kids are growing up.
This is a great post!! Thanx for reminding me.
Oh Stacy~Thank you for making me feel. I too was moved by that song, I have been thinking about life in general lately, especially about our children. Although while watching the CMA's I was not excersing on any eliptical I was resting my head on my couch, frustrated because my daughter wouldnt keep her butt in bed and I was tired. I have to constantly remind myself to "stop" and enjoy my life, in this moment right now. So at this moment I am at work and told myself, Oh I have to comment to her later, NO im going to do it right now. Its the little things.
There are sooooo many stages to raising our children, each stage comes with it new frustrations, new joy, new fears etc. Its important to enjoy each stage because as it comes to an end we wont get it back. It goes by too fast. I was in such a rush to potty train Taylor by her 2nd birthday and in such a rush to put her in a big girl bed etc. All im saying is enjoy her now, because the next stage is not what its all cracked up to be. :)hehe Sorry this is long but Im not done yet. Nothing more fantastic then in the midst of your grocery shopping (we all know how fun that is with a toddler) to hear "Mommy I have go potty" I always say , "Now" like right now ok lets go, or our beauitful rosy cheeked blue eyed beauties climbing out of bed for the 10th time that night. I would give anything to put her back in her crib and strap that diaper back on her little bottom. You see this is why im longing for another one! :) From one mother to another, we must enjoy! Its hard work Stacy and the MOST rewarding. Remember to make the time for you, because a happy Mommy makes for a Happy HOME! :) P.S Im still waiting for my email. :) You busy girl you!
I love that song and practically lose it everytime I hear it! (Maybe these pregnancy hormones have something to do with it?!?) Great post!! I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do!
Thanks for that. It made me teary-eyed. I've been feeling the same way lately. I think most of the time we're just looking ahead and waiting for the next thing, instead of taking the time to make the best of each moment. I think I need to remember that more than others.
LOVE that song! Sad it didn't win 'Song of the Year' at the CMA's over that incredibly ridiculous song, 'Stay'. It's as if no one is really listening to the words or 'stay' or what it is about! Then you get such a great song like 'You're gonna miss this' and it gets no recognition! oh well...so is the way the world is going right now! Rand and I are trying to enjoy our time now before 'babies and buying a house'. :)
I ♥ your blog :) Thanks for sharing!
I'm totally crying....I WILL miss all of those things =).
I love that song!! It's so true..everyone is telling me that your kids grow up fast so enjoy it, it's hard to imagine now since Paisley's only 10 days old, but it's true...life flies by. 21 is not that old but I remember my 18th birthday like it was yesterday. by the way, thank you so much for the gift...it's adorable!! Paisley for Paisley...very cute!! ..you'll have to meet her soon :)
Hey Stacy, I found your blog on Jenny and Scot's! How are you? Your little girl is adorable and I totally know what you mean about that song! Check our our blog at: aaronanddevon.blogspot.com
Post a Comment