Monday, November 10, 2008

Montana's Snow White Party

On Saturday we had a Snow White Party for Montana. I told myself last year at her 1st birthday that I wouldn't go so overboard the next year. But when I get started, its hard to stop.

No party supply companies sell just Snow White party things. So, I had to get creative.

The invitations were red, yellow and blue (like snow whites dress) with a picture of Montana in her Snow White dress on the front, and underneath it read, "I'm Wishing..." and inside it said, "that you could come to my 2nd birthday party." I would post a picture, but I forgot to keep one! Duh!

The rest of the invite went like this...

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to Montana’s party we go!
When: After we tidy the house and I take my nap (…just like Snow White)
Saturday November 8, 2008 @ 3:30pm
Where: The Cottage (with our address)
RSVP: To the Queen, if you dare… (and then my phone and email)
We will not be Grumpy, Sleepy, nor Bashful, but Happy if you can come!
Dwarf snacks to be served.



We also put inside, a picture of her with Snow White from Disneyland.

So, the day arrived and Montana was completely "GRUMPY"! It was very frustrating. I'm thinking now, that she must not have been feeling very well. It wasn't in her character to be the way that she was...I mean, she definitely is a two year old, but Saturday she was in rare form.

We ran a bunch of errands, and ended up back home in time for her to go down for a much needed nap. Marc and I cleaned and cooked for the party. He was such a help and I'm so grateful that he puts up with my "over-doing" it. He really wanted to sit down, but I kept him hopping up until the moment people started to arrive.

We had "dwarf snacks" of mini pizza rolls, mini corn dogs and mini hot link hot dogs. Also a few extra things like pizza dip and artichoke dip that I just wanted to make. We drank "Witches Brew" (root beer) too. You can't see it, but we actually got dry ice so that it was fogging like a witches brew would.




Marc and I (mostly Marc) frosted 60 cupcakes in yellow, blue and red.


I figured now that Montana was old enough, that we could play a few games. Marc's extrememly talented Dad drew this picture for our "pin the hair bow on Snow White" game. We are going to color in the bow now, and have it framed!


He also drew the face on the magic mirror for us...it declared Montana was the fairest of all! :)

Here are the kids playing! We divided the older kids and younger kids. Mitchell won for the younger kids, and the prize was a Hostess Apple Pie (get it?? Snow White makes apple pies!hee hee).






Then for the older kids we had a tie between Michael and Nicole. We had a tie breaker round and Nicole won herself an Apple Pie as well.



This is the adorable Miss Kamryn. We missed her Mommy and Daddy but are so glad that her Grandma could bring her up for the party! :)


Then it was present time, and boy did this girl make out like a bandit!!! Everyone loves her so much...and that night, she wasn't acting very deservant. Thank you all for your wonderful gifts!


We sang "Happy Birthday" and she blew the candle out on her cupcake. Then, proceeded to devour it. She refused to sit in her seat to eat it. Oh, fun times.





We played one more game that I didn't get any pictures of, but I had cut out paper apples and pasted them all over the living room. The kids all found as many as they could, and they won a "dwarf chocolate" a.k.a. mini candybars, for each apple they found. They were ALL winners for that game.
A lot of the kids left before I could give them their party favor, but Marc had so kindly assembled bags of cut up apples with caramel dip, again to keep with the theme.

Here are the exhausted parents.

Me with the birthday girl.



Thank you so much to all of the wonderful family and friends who came and brought gifts. Thank you also, to those who unfortunately had to miss the party but sent gifts and/or birthday wishes her way! Montana is so loved, and we are so grateful for that love and support!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!


Sunday was her actual birthday and so Marc and I sang to her again and let her eat another cupcake.

Please excuse her after nap hair, and my silly song. She again was having a "bad mood" day..


She loves playing with her new toys.
And here she is with her new B.F.F. In the middle of the night last night, I heard her crying for "My Snow White dolly...". She had dropped it out of her bed. So sweet.

Happy 2nd Birthday, sweetheart!

10 comments:

Amy Marsh said...

You're daughter is too adorable!! Sounds like y'all had a blast. What an adorable party too! Y'all look like you're well. Nathan and I are doing well. Just hanging out, working. You know the drill. I'll email you soon and catch up!!

The Schroeder Family said...

So sad to have missed it! I've been waiting for this post since Sunday morning.

Rogers Roundup said...

It was a great party! Thanks for the FUN!!! I was very impressed with all of the "over boardness" You guys did a great job!

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!!! You have the best ideas ever!! You better believe that I'm taking notes!!!

Carter Family said...

Very fun party! Thanks so much for the fun times! Love ya!

Bird is the Word said...

Oh how cute! Marc is great about helping!! He is a keeper! Glad to hear everything went so well! ~

Maran said...

Stacy- I thought that I wrote a comment on this one, but I don't think it worked. You did a great job on Montana's birthday party! Don't you just love this little stinker 2 year old stage?

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

The party looks like a blast. We're sad that we missed it. I hope your little Snow White enjoys pushing the bubble mower around. The invitations you did were AWESOME. So Creative.

Dave and Courtney said...

We had so much fun! You did a great job on the party!! We all loved it!!

ohAmanda said...

SO CUTE! I'm doing a Snow White party for my almost 3yo in January. I wish I would have found your post before I sent out the invites b/c I LOVE your wording! And I think I'm going to steal the find-the-apples game. Very cute!