Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"I'm not even mad...in fact, I'm impressed!"

The post title came from one of mine and Marc's favorite "quoting" movies, Anchor Man. I'm not proud to admit it, since there are some crude parts, but its completely hilarious to quote. Anyway, I couldn't find any other title to fit this post...it just went perfect!

The other night, we had taco salad for dinner. Montana was kind of being a pill and wasn't finishing her dinner. Lately, her lack of eating has been concerning me, and so when she insisted even after I took her out of her high chair to take her bowl of taco salad over by the ottoman to watch a show, I let her, in hopes that she would eat it. Her salad was pretty "dry". Just some ground turkey, grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. So nothing to really make a stainy mess out of.


A little while later, she came to me with her empty princess bowl. I was a little concerned I would find the contents spewed all over the family room, but much to my surprise there was only a stray shred of cheese or chip.

"GOOD GIRL!" I praised her. "You finished all your dinner!"


The next morning, I was cleaning up some of her kitchen toys...and I found this...
Mind you, she still had eaten most of her meal the night before, but this is where some of it ended up. Neatly inside her pots and pans. I called her in and said, "Montana, what is this?" She said, "I cooking dinner."
How could you be even the slightest bit disappointed with that utter "cuteness". I was actually impressed of my little homemaker girl. Before you know it, she'll have an apron on, showing Mommy up in the kitchen!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute!! It must be so much fun to have such an adorable little girl!! She is such a sweetie!