Tuesday, July 08, 2008

18 Month Check Up...At 20 Months

So, I finally took Montana for her 18 month check up...two days before she turns 20 months.
Playing in the doctors office waiting area...she doesn't even know its coming. What a cruel trick...she thought she was at some sort of new play place.


Montana weighs 25.2 lbs, which is the 50th percentile. She's 33 inches tall, which is the 75th percentile and her head is also in the 50th percentile. The doctor also said she is talking as much as the average 2.5- 3 year old...I said, "You're telling me! Why do you think I still give her a pacifier?" jk...I LOVE, absolutely LOVE that she talks a lot and can communicate what she wants (and moreso what she DOESN'T want) so effectively. We are proud of our little motor mouth.

I have gotten Montana down to one bottle at night, only because she REFUSES to take milk in a cup. She will drink water, juice, everything else but milk in a cup. She spits milk in a cup out and says, "yucky"...personally, I don't blame her. Drinking milk is good for with one thing...cookies. But she LOVES a "bobby" with milk in it. The doctor suggested stopping the bottle cold turkey, and eventually she would take milk in a cup. So that's what I'm doing. I decided to replace the bottle (for now, until she'll take a cup) with a banana before bed for some substance in her belly. Also, in the mean time I got a prescription vitamin, because I worry sometimes she's not getting all the nutrients she needs.

Montana doesn't love the doctor...she kept saying "I don't want it." But she did pretty well. Lately, the pacifier, with all the changes going on, has been in her mouth a lot more. For now, I'm letting her have that one consistency. I took her out of a lot of her elements, and now I'm yanking the bobby completely, so...for the next week or so, I'm not pushing the pacifier issue. The doctor said it was healthy to have some sort of a security at that age. She doesn't have any special blankets or stuffed animals, so the "passie" is it.

She got one shot and then a finger prick to check blood counts (they were normal).


I hate that I'm the bad guy that has to hold her down. At this age, they realize that you are party to this action. It definitely hurt her feelings. However, I think its at least a little less tramatic for her if her mommy is the one that can hold her and love her afterwards and say, "All done."

And we are all done...at least until two. Which is in four months. Crazy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cutie. I hate when they have to get shots.