Marc loves sports. Period. Pretty much anything sports, he's into. His latest passion is golf. It's been something that he has always loved, but has gotten more involved with playing and improving his skill within the last few years. I know that golf is a big joke in marriage, with husbands being gone all day golfing, and don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of frustrated moments. Him being gone golfing 18 when he had left the house planning on 9. The classic slow group in front of his own excuse for being late. Etc. However, I have learned over my few years of being married, that letting my husband have sports in his life in some way, shape or form (coaching, flag football teams, church basketball, or now golf) makes him a happier man. And I think he has learned a great balance with golf. He is great about working it out around our family's schedule, (early on Saturday mornings) and making it a family affair at the driving range. Yes, yes. I have been out to hit a few myself. I could see this being something we could do together in the future for many years. So, as sick as I get of the golf channel all weekend long...I actually thank the sport of golf, for making my husband a happier man for me when he is home. The time spent away is well worth the man that comes home and spends quality time with his family.
Luckily, Marc has been able to share this love with two of his best friends...his dad and brother. Here are a few pictures of this mornings golf trip to Bartley Cavanaugh in the Pocket Area. Marc shot a 43 in a 36 Par (is that how I say it? Hey, at least I'm a good wife and remember his score! That's a big deal. I love good scoring golf days!)
Dad drivin' one way out there...
Mike getting ready to get in his golf stance...
Marc swinging too fast for focus (no pics of him came out clear...best we got)...
Rogers PGA tour...coming to a golf course near you. Saturday mornings at 5 AM! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment