Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rogers and Rogers BBQ

Tonight Marc's brother Mike and his family came out to our house for a BBQ and swimming at the previously mentioned, borrowed pool. It all began with some fabulous food-- burgers, chicken, hot dogs, bratwursts, macaroni and potato salad. Man, can these Rogers men grill it up or what??
Montana for sure loved the food...well, mostly the ketchup.



I think the bratwurst was my favorite. I can't remember the last time I ate one, but they were awesome.



Blakers...


and Rynny...


Montana loves her Aunt Brooke...

Montana and Maryn will be great friends. They're only six months apart.

Then we all went out for a swim. Blake is doing so well, as he has just learned to swim on his own and Maryn had just learned that very day how to kick her arms and legs to stay afloat with her life jacket.
Montana wasn't feeling too well, so she didn't really want to swim. She won't wear floaties really well, so we just were letting her hang out around the pool. However, watching her cousins be so good in the water must have inspired her to be a big girl, and because she's been so good at jumping to me and Daddy, I think she thought Blake would catch her. So she jumped into the spa part of the pool where Blake and Maryn were playing. I felt like I was running in slow motion, and jumped with my shorts still on into the spa and fished her out. It was so scary to see her bobbing and flailing...but the adrenaline rushes and you do what you gotta do...then you freak out. Which, I don't feel like I really freaked out, but I think I shook for about a half an hour afterward. Montana was a little freaked out as well, and just sat in my lap for the rest of the time.

Definitely a scare no mother wants to feel...I'm going to have to watch my little dare devil much more carefully around the pool, and get a life jacket on her at all times!

After swimming we went back and had some DELICIOUS cake from Nugget Market. Blake wanted to take a few pictures with my camera...I wanted to post them because when I looked at them I was really impressed with how well he worked the camera and took pictures, as a five year old! :)

Thank you guys for making the drive all the way up here. It means a lot and we're glad that we could share a fun night with you!

2 comments:

Maran said...

The scariest thing ever is to picture your child drowning. I totally know what you were thinking at that moment that Montana was under the water. I hate that feeling. I hope it never happens to you (or me) again. But the BBQ looked like fun:)

Dave and Courtney said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love the new back ground on your blog stace, you have to teach me how to change mine. :)