Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Winco Rocks

So, I'm totally all about Winco Foods now. I mean, why not, right? The stuff is ridiculously cheaper than any other grocery store, and it's the SAME stuff. I didn't get any off brand names. All our favorite brands...Raisin Bran, Wheat Thins, Bertolli pasta sauce, Dryers ice cream, even Foster Farm's chicken.

I had heard about Winco but I have to admit, that I've always kind of been a food snob. But now, I don't know why. More so, I was just an idiot to pay twice the price of everything. Why? Just so someone else can bag my groceries and walk me out to my car? I mean...burning a few extra calories bagging and loading my own stuff, before I go home to dig into the ice cream I just bought, might n0t be a bad thing. Besides, its kind of like living out a childhood dream of bagging groceries (come on...don't play like you never wanted to be a grocery bagger when you were a kid!).

Now, I LOVE BelAir/Raleys/Nugget for produce and meats for the most part. I will still shop there for that. But tonight, we went on a grocery store binge, due to empty cupboards, and so what would have cost us well over $300 bucks at another grocery store, cost us $180! I seriously almost hugged the cashier, (he was a very friendly old man). I was literally shocked, because I swore that my full shopping cart (and they have the extra, extra deep ones), would put us out into the $300 plus range.
I'm totally sold. I'm not saying you have to be...but I am so glad that I listened to my family's advice on Winco. I think I avoided it in Elk Grove, because I have heard that the area is not very safe. But to be able to go in Folsom, there is no excuse whatsoever! No need to be a food snob...because then, you are just throwing your money away for nothing. Like, what makes you cooler, just because you spend $3+ dollars on a box of macaroni and cheese, and I spent .86 cents?! In my book, that doesn't make me cheap...it makes me smart!
Thought I'd share the love and knowledge that was shared with me. I'm converted to the savings of Winco shopping! What are you waiting for? :)

7 comments:

Sara Marie said...

haha! I love you! I'm so glad you found out about WinCo! I love them!! But just a tip, dont ever try to go on Saturday, it's worse than Costco!

Whitney Petersen said...

stace... i love this one it makes me laugh! (: i couldnt help but laugh the whole time i was reading it. but yes winco is way smarter. im glad that you and marc (you especially) are doing better! (: love you

Dave and Courtney said...

AMEN!! :) I love Winco. I'm glad you have been converted. :)

just us said...

I HATED Winco in EG. I would never go. Dusty would always go and I would NEVER let him take the girls. But where we live now. . .it's SO much cleaner. We do all of our shopping their. SO, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

Unknown said...

oh how I love Winco, and how sad am I that they don't have one here. :-(

Newman Family said...

Yay! See this way you get to use the extra money you save to buy you a new pair of shoes!!! Right:) The Winco in EG always seemed very dirty. I've since converted since it's the only "normal" grocery store here. Although it's in Visallia so if I just need a few things I go somewhere closer with gas prices!!
Meg

Rachel said...

About time! We wouldn't survive without Winco. I envy you though, the one in Folsom is so much nicer.
Happy shopping!