Friday, July 18, 2008

Me, in a Nutshell...

THREE JOYS...1. Evening walks with my family. Marc and I have been doing this since we were engaged. We would take Kona. And then we walked while I was pregnant and now we walk with our sweet baby in her jogger. It's a great tradition I hope to always continue.

2. Music...anyone who knows me, know this about me. I LOVE MUSIC. My first love of all with music is singing. It's my passion in life. I love to play the piano...wish I'd listened to my mom when she'd told me to practice more, because I'd love it so much when I got older. I want to get back into the guitar. I started about five or six years ago, and stopped. I wrote like one or two songs, that I can't even remember (that consisted of like three chords), and I think I know about six or seven chords. I want to take lessons and really get into it. And dancing has always been something I've loved. Just the other day, Montana and I turned on some Michael Jackson classics and cut a rug. Great workout and lots of Tana giggles.

3. Writing. I can remember being in elementary school writing page upon page of stories. My imagination at that time was so vivid and full. I was obsessed with character development. I’d frequently write about families with numerous children, and I’d name and describe them all right down to the color of their eyes. At the end of my 5th grade year, my teacher Mrs. Oliver gave me a book (I can’t remember what book, as that part seemed unimportant. I can’t even remember if I read it). Anyway, she gave me a book and inside it wrote a message with something to the effect of, “I look forward to reading one of your books one day.” I was certain at that time, that one day she would. Lately, with blogging, my love for writing has re-surfaced and I have thought a lot about writing a book. Don't know what about, don't know what genre. I write a LOT of poetry as well and have thought about putting together a poetry book. Either that or working for Hallmark! :) haha

THREE FEARS...
1. Losing loved ones. Period.

2. The dark. It still kind of freaks me out. I mean, I don't sleep with a night light or anything, but sometimes I still run from my bathroom to jump on my bed in the middle of the night. haha

3. Falling from heights or edges. This worstened after becoming a mother. I hated it when people would hold her while standing on a landing or stairs.

THREE GOALS...
1. Finish my college education.

2. Record a CD.

3. Write a book.

THREE CURRENT OBSESSIONS...
1. Of course I have to say it...we all know its true. Blogging.

2. Cleaning my house. It's an obsession I never thought I'd have, but being married to my husband has made me such a neat freak. I literally mop my kitchen floor almost every day. I LOVE having my house clean.

3. Baking/Cooking. I love making cookies. Probably because everyone tells me they love them...I guess if I stunk at it, I wouldn't love it. (I really think its the recipes, and not me, but whatever. I'll take the credit!)Baking/Cooking is another thing that I never thought that I would be good at, but after a few years of practice I'm really getting the hang of it.

THREE RANDOM/SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT ME...


1. I am allergic to peanuts and corn, but I eat and love both. I had a bunch of blood tests done back when I was about 19, and one of them was an allergy test. That's when I found out those were my two food allergies. I'm not allergic in a swell up and itch kind of way, but in a stomach ache way. I feel sick after eating them. But still eat them. Dumb.

2. I weigh myself daily. Sometimes two or three times. Stupid I know, but I do. It's kind of a habit.

3. At night, when I can't sleep I watch the Discovery Health Channel and my favorite shows are Trauma:Life in the ER, and Impact: Stories of Survival. Come to think of it, maybe that's why I can't sleep, because of all the disturbing images and situations.


You're IT!!! If you are reading this and want to do it, consider yourself tagged!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Stacy, so much to say, so little space.
1. When you said the thing about dancing to Michael Jackson, I totally thought of our little MJ dance routine in college. Remember that?
2.I'm afraid of the dark to. If all the lights are off downstairs, I bolt up the stairs.
3.Heights freak me out since having kids too.
4.I sometimes weigh myself several times a day, but mostly cause I think it's funny how my weight changes by a pound or two depending on what time of day it is. I'm the lightest in the morning, before I start stuffing my face, hehehe

Carter Family said...

Holy Smokes!!! I am gone 1 week from the Bloggging world... and I have so much to read about! :) Just got back from Girls Camp... had a BLAST!!!! Loved your recent posts! Love ya! Mar

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Stacey, you need to throw out your scale. You're gorgeous. I miss you, we need to go to Santa Cruz soon. Give little Tana a kiss for me,

Cristi said...

I love that picture of you. You're gorgeous!

Dave and Courtney said...

Even though I'm your sister and know most things about you, I still love reading things like this. A: because you write so well and B: I do learn new things about you sometimes. :)