Monday, July 14, 2008

Cheap Family Fun!

Marc and I have been trying to budget our money better lately. We had been spending way too frivolously, and in turn, didn't always eat as healthy as we would like. So, with all of the other changes in our lives, budgeting has become something we are trying to become better at. So, Saturday night, we decided we'd make it a Family Date Night. We LOVE getting frozen yogurt, but we haven't found a place here in EDH yet, so we just got a milk shake and mcflurry at McDonalds. Montana loved the milk shake. She stole it from me, and then I'd say to her "I want some." And so then she'd reluctantly hand it to me, give me like two seconds and then reach for it again and say, "Want some!"

We drove to the park to enjoy our treats and let Montana play. There was this little girl there playing who was almost four years old, and Montana told me, "She's cute." She thinks she's a big girl.




She loves to cheese it up for the camera.



Then we came back and I took her into our little pool. She was reluctant at first, but after realizing she could touch the bottom, she LOVED it!!!
We then enjoyed some bbq and salad, put Montana down and Marc and I watched some TV together. It was definitely a nice night, and we feel great about the fact that we only spent about $5.99. We felt healthier, wealthier and smarter! Plus we lived our entertainment through our baby. Who says you need to spend money to have a good time?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun that you guys have a little pool! I love it! Cheap dates are always the best! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but that little pool is so wicked cool! I would be all over that, uh hah. I agree, cheap dates rock. Sometimes you'll spend a ton of money on a boring date and then play scrabble in your living room eating m&m's and popcorn and have a blast.