Okay, okay...it's only been a little over a week that we haven't had an internet connection, but I feel so disconnected (literally and figuritively) from the world. So, needless to say, I am very excited that the Comcast guy set us up this morning.
I never really posted an official, "We're Moving" blog...but, we did. We moved up to El Dorado Hills,CA last Saturday and we love it. We are up on the higher hills of Serrano and you can see Rancho Seco from our driveway. The sunsets are amazing. I'll post pictures one day soon. It's definitely a change for us, but one that we are happy about. It's taking me some time to get adjusted to all the changes, including not working. Change has its level of difficulty, no matter how welcomed the changes are, so we are getting used to the difference. Especially with packing and un packing for the last three weeks straight, I am definitely ready to get into a new routine!!
We've got some great neighbors that have already brought us cookies and been very welcoming. It's been SO great to have my sister and her family up here. She's made the transition easier for me. We went to the park the other day and have met some really fun people in our neighborhood, and it just seems like a great place to live. We've yet to go to our ward, since last Sunday we went back to our old ward one last time, but my cousin and her family are in the ward here, so I know at least we'll know someone. I'm really excited about it...I've heard great things about the ward.
I'm looking forward to getting some music lessons going, and maybe even starting a kids singing group like I was in when I was younger (remember Rainbow Review, girls?) with my friend who lives in Folsom.
Anyway, I've done a lot of "wordy" posts lately, so I'll post some pictures of the house. Tomorrow I'll post pictures of today's 4th of July events.
The dining/living room area...it's waiting for the antique baby grand piano that's being held at my parents. I am calling the piano mover next week!
The fabulous kitchen and family room area...
The backyard...the pool is interesting. It's like a pond/pool, but it is chlorinated, so...you can sit in it. Kind of a cool idea. It will be great for Montana and for hot days to just cool off. My kind of pool to do laps in!
The downstairs guest bedroom...a twin bed will be going in here...so guests are very welcome. But you don't have to be a twin.
I didn't take a picture of the office yet, because it was still not set up. It now is, since I am in it, but I forgot to take a picture before I posted. Too lazy to do it now. It's cool though. Take my word for it.
The nook next to the landing. Pretty cool...I read my scriptures up here the other morning. It was actually a really nice little spot.
The loft that will be our work out area.
Montana's toy room...
...and bedroom.
Our room...
And my favorite, the master bathroom. It deserves multiple pictures.
Hope everyone has a fabulous 4th of July!!!

5 comments:
Your place looks beautiful!! Wish I was closer to see your place up close. Wish you could of come to Disneyland!!
Meg
I'm thrilled y'all are up here! Love you...hopefully we will play today!
It's so gorgeous Stace. I'm jealous. Can't wait to see it.
Dont know if you recieved my first message but wanted to drop in and tell the Fam I said hi. The new house looks great. And Montana is so cute and getting so big. Miss ya brodie(Mr. Roggers) next time I see ya might have to slap ya;) And Stace nice to meet you.
The Maruffo's
I haven't checked your blog in forever and I see that a lot has changed for you. Congratulations on the house, it is beautiful!
Post a Comment