Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pool, Pasta and Poop

Another perk of moving up here, was that we were closer to some of our friends that we didn't get to see as often as we'd like. One of those friends is my good friend Sara, and her little sweetheart of a son, Ryder. Tonight, Sara and Ryder came over to swim and have dinner. The water was a little cold, so we didn't do much swimming. Montana would rather mess with the hose than swim...

I do have to say that if we ever have a bigger pool, Marc will definitely take great care of it (not that I'd ever have doubted that), but he has been very dilligent about cleaning the neighbors pool.



Ryder wanted to be a big boy and help!



Look at his sweet little smile. I swear he is the most polite child. His answer to everything is an excited "Yeah!" Where it seems my child is obsessed with the word "No." Oh well...must be a girl thing! :)

Me and Sara...

Us and our kids...look over here Ryder!

Sweethearts...

Okay, so after swimming I made some spaghetti to go with the french bread I'd baked earlier in the day...(just call me Betty Crocker), and a cobb salad. I'm glad Sara and Ryder stayed because we always have way too much food. So because I had Montana eat in her light pink and white swimsuit, she soaked it in spaghetti sauce. After dinner, I stripped her down and hurried to get some spray n' wash on her suit so it wouldn't stain. I left her diaperless for just a few minutes, thinking she'd be fine.
Then, I hear her crying and I run to the stairs and there is poop....everywhere!!! I seriously had one of those moments where you go, "Who said that just because I was able to make a baby, carry it, give birth to it, etc... that I know how to deal with this?" All I could think was "Poop...everywhere!!!!"...over and over again. I picked her up, as it was all over her, and ran her into Marc and said, "Get her into the bath"...and went to work on the stairs and banister. So, I have my friend there, trying to play like I know exactly how I'm going to take care of this, all the while thinking, "I'm not qualified for this job!!" Of course, Sara understands... she's a mother, but still. It's embarassing.
After I calmed down enough and took out my feelings of inadequacy on the stairs, I was able to get everything out. There are those moments in motherhood though where, I not only feel like I've completely lost it, but sometimes like I must have never had it to begin with. Guess I'll be a lot more careful to diaper her butt at all times. Definitely not worth the mess.
Thanks Sara and Ryder for coming over! I look forward to many more fun evenings with you guys. Minus the poop.

5 comments:

Sara Marie said...

haha!!!!! I love the "Pool, Pasta and Poop" title! Sounds so appetizing! I had so much fun with you guys tonight! Some of my best times with you are when we do nothing at all just sit around and talk! And I'm sorry but the "poop incident" is classic! Next time you post one of those "remember when" blogs I'm going to respond with "remember when "Tan-Tan" pooped all over your stairs?”. haha!!! You know of course no reason to be embarrassed, Ryder did the same thing a couple months ago. I think all kids do at some point...either that or we are the two lucky moms of the poopy kids. Oh, and did I tell you about the time Ryder finger painted in poop all over his crib? So, I guess I’ve actually had 2 similar experiences. Good times! I love you!! Can’t wait till next time!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I couldn't help but laugh on this one because a couple of weeks ago Kamryn was in the bath and she kept telling me "poop mamma" so I kept putting her on the potty and she'd get all skwirmy and cry "all done". So I'd put her back in the bath and same thing happened twice. So after the 3rd attempt at putting her on the potty with her crying, she went poop in the bath. With all her toys (I know it is bettter than the stairs, and carpet), however Kamryn was traumatized, and wouldn't take a bath in her bath for over a week. Now every time she takes a bath she holds her butt and says "no no poop". Actually I thought it was funny but apparantley she did not.
Every one has funny poop stories. You are just awesome enough to share. I love your bathing suit. Cute pictures.

Maran said...

Yikes! Poop is really gross. It's funny because I guess that most babies Hannah's and Montana's age are scared of their poop. Hannah has also pooped in the tub and was so terrified of it. She still gets worried anytime I mention the word "poop" when she is sitting in the tub. I'm sorry that you had to clean all of that poop up. I think we all have that "I seriously don't know what to do right now" moments with our children.

Carter Family said...

Don't even get me started with Poop stories... it totally comes with the mom territory! Yet, it never gets old... we always react with chaos at the poop spread everywhere! Megan pooped at the top of the stairs one time, and then slid down every single stair to tell me that she had done it. Yes, she managed to smear poop on every single one of them! Nice!

Heather said...

So sorry about your book not coming until the 7th. I have only read about three chapters a night because I'm afraid if I keep reading I won't do anything else. I saw your mom today and she said you got sick while camping... hope you feel better soon!