Well, folks...it's my birthday .
I'm 25 today.
And just in case any of you were questioning... my husband's ultra-sweet birthday post yesterday wasn't posted the day before because he forgot which day was my birthday. I happened to be out of the house shopping with his mama that morning, and he got a chance to snag the computer and blog. Not only was it jaw-dropping that he blogged on our blog...something I would have never thought possible, but his words melted my heart. I called him in tears after reading his sweet words. I don't care if our last few posts to one another sound cheesy, because it's the truth and we LOVE TO LOVE EACH OTHER OUT LOUD! :)
I think its normal, especially as we grow older, to become reflective on our birthdays. To think of where we are, where we thought we'd be, how far we've come...etc. One thing I haven't been able to get out of my head as my birthday was approaching, was just how blessed I truly am.
So...I've seen this type of thing done on other peoples blogs, and I thought it would be fun to do for my 25th birthday today. (Brace yourselves...)
THE TOP 25 THINGS I'M MOST GRATEFUL FOR ON MY 25th BIRTHDAY!
#1 The Gospel- First and foremost, I have to acknowledge my ultimate blessing and that is the Gospel in my life. As cliche as it is to say, it is the reason I have anything that I have. It is the reason I am who I am and the reason I am where I am in life. I have been blessed to be raised in the Gospel and am grateful that I had the opportunity to pray and know with a surety that what I had been taught, is in fact true and real. There is nothing that brings me greater joy than the promises and blessings that come through living the Gospel. All encompassed within this blessing is My Father in Heaven's plan for me, Our Saviors infinite Atonement, the scriptural word of God that I have at my fingertips, the power of prayer...and it continues. I can't say enough about my gratitude for this blessing in my life...and I know it predicates all other blessings that have been bestowed upon me.
#2 My AMAZING husband- I recently posted a blog on what a lucky girl I am to be married to who I'm married to, but just to reiterate...I really am truly blessed to have my best friend as my eternal companion. I know what we have is eternal and I am grateful that he tries so hard with me every day to make that possible. He makes me a better person and he strives everyday to make his family happy. I love his smile, his hard work and dedication, his way of showing affection...everything about him. I live for him and love him more than I ever thought I had the capacity to love another human being. I could go on for days and I would, but I'm only at #2 and I want to get through this post before I turn 26.
#3 MONTANA my BELLE- My sweet angel baby...and she will always be just that, my baby. My love for this little chubby cheeked toddler is just as deep as the love I share with Marc, but in a different capacity. There are almost no words to describe either kind of love. My gratitude for the calling of being a mother, rocks me to my core. I am humbled beyond belief when I think of what a sacred duty I have been entrusted with and I strive every day to give this perfect child everything she will need to brave this world. I dread the day she will leave and go on her own to live what she has learned...but she will always be my baby. I love her spunky, sassy personality. I love that she is brilliant. I love that she loves music...my heart sings, when she does. I love that she looks like her gorgeous daddy. I love everything about her...EVERYTHING. And that will have to sum it all, again for fear that if I continued to write a full list, I would never stop. I look forward to the honor and blessing of having more children in the future, and promise to love them every bit as deeply.
#4 Parents- My parents are heaven sent. I am so grateful for their examples of righteousness and love. I have never questioned their infinite love and devotion for me and my siblings. I spent my childhood being in awe of my super-hero parents. I never knew what it meant to go without, even though we didn't always get everything we ever wanted. Laughter and love were the two key ingredients for our family and to this day, the Spirit and energy in my parents home resonates with those two elements. My mother taught me exactly what a mother should be...I am who I am as a mother, because of her example. My father taught me to stand up for what I believe and to be firm in the Gospel. My parents as a team, showed me what it meant to grow and build an eternal relationship and family. I am forever indebted and grateful.
Completely worthy of this category, are my wonderful parents-in-law. In the four short years I have known them, my in laws have taught me so much. I have been blessed to be able to marry into a family that encompasses the same values and love that I was raised with. I am grateful for the devotion that they have to the well being of their children and grandchildren...and their willingness to do anything and everything they can, so that we can all be happy and prosperous. I am grateful for their rock solid testimonies and the examples that they have set. Their testimonies have strengthened mine and I am so grateful for their loving influences in my life.
I am so grateful for my four sisters. There is no match for the bonds of sisterhood. My sisters are true examples and idols for me...older and younger. I want so much to be like them and I strive everyday to emulate the qualities that they bear.
Sisters-in-law- I am also incredibly blessed to have four sisters-in-law on my husbands side. These women have all taught me so much about life, marriage and motherhood. I have looked to their wonderful examples and hope that I can become amazing women like them one day. I am blessed to have them as sisters.
I have to include that I have Honorary Sisters in Law (you two know who you are)...that I will feel very blessed if one day I am able to call you my official sisters.
Brothers-in-law- In addition to my two brothers, I have FIVE brothers in law (so far). I am grateful that my brothers-in-law on Marc's side have been of such influence to Marc. His older brother, as well as his sisters husbands, I know have been examples that he's looked up to in his life, and I am grateful that they showed by example to cherish a wife and family, as Marc now does. I am also grateful for my sisters husband and his devotion to his family. These men are all great examples of honoring their priesthood and I am blessed to have them all in my life.
#12 Running Shoes- ...and my jogger, work-out gear...etc. All these things have turned into a love affair for me. I look forward to the time that Marc gets home and we get all geared up for our evening run. I have to credit the beginning of this new love to my friend Rachel and her willingness to come to my house every morning in Elk Grove and run with me. It has become something that my body needs and craves. Not only that, it has become a time where my mind rests and reflects. It's a very therapeutic time for me and has changed my life. I feel like I have the control of my body and love to feel it get stronger as we push ourselves everyday. I'm grateful for my husband for running with me and for pushing the jogger often times further than his equal shift. It's a past time I hope we can always continue together.
#16 Sushi- It's been a couple years now since I fell in love with sushi. Mikuni sushi to be precise. Some of our favorite things- Maguro as a starter, Edamame because its healthy AND good, and for those Mikuni lovers out there, you'll know what I mean when I say ,"Tommy", "Spicy Johnny" and "Carmichael". It's another indulgence and I implore you, if you have not tried it, don't be afraid. I know sushi is one of those things that is too daring for some, but I promise you, you will not be disappointed. Just close your mouth and chew...don't think about what you're eating, and you'll love it! :)
#17 BLOGGING- Really this should be higher up on this list, but after the first seven or so, the rest of this list is in a pretty random order. How can I NOT put blogging on this list. We all know that it is an obsession for me. But really, it is more than that, my two blogs give me the opportunity to do something I really love~to write. It's an outlet for me. Not to mention I love that it helps me to keep in touch with so many people that I am not able to see or talk to by other means as often as I'd like. I don't care if this makes me sound like a nerd...I LOVE BLOGGING AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO SAY IT!
#18 Music- My life-long love. I can't say enough about music. I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to cultivate musical talents and enjoy the blessing of them in my life. I wouldn't trade it for the world and even though I'm not doing as much with it as I've always dreamed, there is always tomorrow and there is always today and a private concert for my biggest fans in our home. Just as good as any sold out concert at Madison Square Garden.
#20 Reading- A special thanks to Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series for reigniting my love of reading. I had kind of gone on an unplanned reading hiatus, and I am grateful that I again make the time in my life for a good read. I just joined a book club and am enjoying my late night indulgences into the pages of many a book.
#21 Nap Time- No, not for me...for the kids. Nap time is my time of day. I get done what I need to get done...and sometimes just do unproductive things because, well, it's my time. And although I enjoy the time they are awake because they're just so darned cute, I also think they are VERY cute when they are peacefully sleeping! :)
#22 Cell Phone- My life line to the world...it would be a rare time when you'd find me without my phone. I try not to be obnoxious with it, but I like to be in touch with those that I love. I must admit, I'm a bit of a text-a-holic. :)
#23 Day Planner- What can I say, it keeps me focused, on track, up to date and remembering the things I need to do every day. Plus, its fun because Marc leaves me little notes and drawings!
#24 Disney- Disney is magic. I always liked Disney, but since marrying a man that would probably legally change his name to Mickey if I gave him the permission (jk)... I have grown to absolutely adore everything Disney. From our semi-annual trips (we leave in a week), to the Disney movies and shows...we love it all. And we've loved passing the obsession on to Montana who knows the word Disney, what it means and can tell you probably over fifty characters names by looking at their picture. She loves Disney Princesses and is going to be Snow White for Halloween. We were just watching a Disney Vacation Planning CD all about Disneyland to get her hyped for our trip...and I started crying watching it. It really is just so magical!
Well trusty-blog friends...if you're still there, that's my list for today. I am grateful for these and so many other things in my life. I am grateful that you took the time to share with me whats most special to me at this stage in my life. Here's to being 25...if there's anyway for me to have a more blessed year than the last, then I am a lucky girl!
I think I'm going to go rent a car now...just because I can! :) jk

10 comments:
Halfway to 50 sounds too old... You are the most gorgeous 25 year old. Happy BDay. Loved this post. Have a great day.
Happy Birthday Stacy!!! I must say that I love your list, and agree with you on a lot of those things (sushi is not exactly one of my favorite things LoL) :) anywho, hope you have a great birthday and I wish I could be going to Disneyland with you!! LoL Oh, and that was so sweet of Marc to write on your blog...how cute! :)
Happy birthday Stace! I hope you have an awesome day! Miss you and hope to see you sometime SoOn!!!
Love Ya,
Kati
Happy Birthday Stacy! I enjoyed reading your Top 25 list. You are a really great person. I hope you are having a wonderful day!
HaPpY HApPy Birthday!!!! Yeah, I agree, half way to 50 does sound old. How about twice the age of 12 and 1/2? I hope that you had a wonderful day! Love you.
Stacy, I love you and feel like a lousy friend because I didn't call you today. You were the 1st one to call/text me on mine, and I thought for sure I'd remember for you. I'm sorry. :( I love you Stacy, and am grateful to have you as a friend. You have been someone that has helped me cope these last 6 months. I love you for it, and always will. Happy Birthday, special friend.
~Annge
Happy late Birthday. I loved reading the 25 things about YOU!!!
Hope you had a great day!
Stacy, i hope you had a wonderful birthday. i'm so glad marc chose you so that i could meet you and have you in my family.
I feel terrible it has taken me this long to read your whole post. I had to read it in bits and pices due to my children. But great post!! It's nice to reflect on the things we are most greatful for...and birthdays are a great day to do it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love you!
Happy Birthday...a little late! I hope you had a great birthday!! Loved reading your list too!
Post a Comment