On Monday, Montana and I rode a long with the Cashdollar family on a trip up to Apple Hill. Unfortunately, Daddy had to work. Andalyn loves to ride the pony's and so that was the focal point of the trip...I kept telling Montana she was going to get to ride the horsey's. Of course, the idea sounded great to her...she was talking all about it all morning. In hindsight, I'm thinking maybe she was thinking of the Disneyland horsey's, aka the carousel.
Anyway, we got up to Apple Hill and the first thing we did was head to the pony rides. Of course Andalyn was all geard up and ready to go. Montana joined in at her side in awe at the pony's. She didn't act scared and so I figured all would go smoothly.
I paid Cherry, the pony lady, my six dollars and she tried to take Montana's hand to lead her to a pony. And the freaking out began. I figured she just wasn't too fond of a stranger taking her hand and so Cherry let me take Montana over to meet the pony, pet him and get used to him. His name was Cowboy.
I attempted introductions..."Montana, this is Cowboy. Isn't he pretty? Pet him." She'd touch him and then pull her hand away as if she'd touched a hot pan. She got a little more used to him and so I saddled her up. It seemed to be working. And then Cowboy started to move.

I think you see where I am going with this story. She continued to freak out but I was determined to see if she would calm herself down and enjoy it. She had her moments of fun where she'd point at him and ask me, "Cowboy?" And I'd say, "Yes this is Cowboy. Isn't it fun to ride him?" And she would scream again. I got to enjoy the pony ride as well because I walked beside her the entire time. Well, not the entire time, because we didn't make it that long. I'd say out of a six dollar pony ride, we made $2.75 worth.


This is me giving Cherry the "I think we're done" look.

As soon as we got off, she was asking to ride Cowboy again. I refused. I made a $6 dollar mistake...I wasn't about to make it $12. We then decided to go visit some smaller animals. The ducks. I definitely wasn't telling her to try and pet them. Uncle Dave tried to and almost got bit. I think I've decided I really don't like ducks very much. They are rather greedy when you try to feed them and they attack you...and they are just mean spirited. To people and fellow ducks. Just watch them sometime, you'll see. Luckily these two ducks were relaxing in the shade and didn't seem to mind much us taking a few pictures near them.


After the ducks we went over to look at some pumpkins. The girls loved finding the kind just their size and rearranged the pumpkin patch.
By this time, the heat was scorchin'. I thought for sure since it had rained a little that day in Sacramento that up nearer to the mountains would be cold and breezy. In fact, my white shirt had actually just been the plan for underneath a sweater that I carried in my bag all day. So, to cool down, we decided it was time for a Carmel Apple Milkshake...well, Montana decided she needed ice cream after seeing Uncle Dave's Apple Cider Milkshake. Montana was content to sip her shake while watching Andalyn saddle up the pony's one more time. And Uncle Dave sat in the shade with baby Ryan to enjoy a cool breeze.


After a lunch of sandwiches we decided to head over to Able Acre's for some treats. I decided to buy two apple donuts. One for Montana and one to take home to Daddy. I, myself, was going to enjoy a piece of white chocolate nut fudge. Montana ended up eating both donuts and I had to go back for another to take home to Dad.

The girls had fun playing while Courtney and I shared some fudge.
We were very good sharing only a small piece, but savoring the chocolatey goodness that is fudge.

We went down to take some fun pictures with the wood cut outs.
This is Mommy getting a little witchy wishing she'd worn shorts...it was way too warm. Notice by this point I've changed Montana into a short sleeve shirt.

Last stop of the day was at Able Acre's pumpkin patch. The girls were lost in a sea of pumpkins.


We had so much fun with the Cashdollar's. Thank you for inviting us. We can't wait to go up with Daddy soon.
8 comments:
Cute pictures, I just have to say again that I really love your hair. It looks beautiful. That milkshake looks so good to me right now.
We really need to go to Apple hill together. I think the Barkers are in San Diego this week. So what about next week we plan to do something fun together. We really need to play. We don't even have to drive all the way up there but maybe something else. Dinner. We don't care, we just want to play. Call me and tell me what your schedule is like.
We had so much fun on Monday! Thanks for coming with us. I'm sure it will be one of many trips we all go up there. You got some great pictures. I haven't looked at mine yet....but I stole some of yours and saved them. :)
Love ya!
Hi Stacy it's Chalei. Montana is so cute! So fast they grow up. We are here in Hawaii. Nice to be home. I found you through Brittany's blog. Hope you don't mind. Keep in touch:)
FUN!! I LOVE Apple Hill! We would go up EVERY year when I was a kid!! I really need to get Hailey up there this year! When does the season end?? ~
I love apple hill!! I wish that we had something like that around here. Actually, I think that we do, but it's not as cool as apple hill. I am going to call you right now...hopefully you are home:)
I'm signed in as scott, but it's actually me.....maran. I don't feel like retyping my name and password.
Hey Stacy! Montana is so dang cute! How are things going? Are you still in EG?
I LOVE Apple Hill!!!!! How fun Stace. I wish that we lived there so that we could go together =(. Such cute pictures too, I'm sure she will soon love those ponies and you'll have to pay another 6 bucks for them to remove her from them =). Miss you but LOVE keeping in touch this way. Not only do I hear what you are up to, I get to see that pretty face of yours too!!!! Which, btw, you and and your daughter TOTALLY share!!! =)
So much fun! I cant wait to take Ryder up there! And, I cant believe the the horse ride is 6.00!! That Cherry woman (Is Cherry her real name or some kind of weird "stage name"? haha)must be making some serious dough! Wish we could have made it up this weekend with you guys. Dang rain! We'll have to try for another time. Love you!
Post a Comment